Curiosity killed the cat.

We had a good time with Anna and her husband. They were the definition of perfect couple. They bicker and tease each other but the love they shared was more beautiful than the silly quotes written on a piece of paper. Enrique was quite the gentleman too. He for once behaved like a decent human being and didn't hate on me even if I was simply breathing. Tonight was refreshing.

I smiled as we reached home. I removed my heels and sat down on the sofa. He sat to my left on a single seat. The hall was silent but it was peaceful. There was no screaming, no arguments, no heartaches. I can get used to this I guess. None of us uttered even a single word. I was scared to say anything because it won't be the first time he gets triggered by anything I say.

I stood up and head for the stairs with my heels on my hand. "You can take the elevator." came his voice. I turned around to face him and he was staring blankly at me. I'm used to seeing that face that it doesn't bother me much anymore. "Yeah... But I prefer the stairs." I smiled or atleast attempted to smile.

"Why? Isn't it tiring? The whole purpose of the elevator is to avoid stairs." he said knitting his eyebrows. "Now that I think about it, you look quite pale when you're taking the elevator at the workplace. And you avoid it here." he rested his chin on the sofa and stared at me with questionable eyes.

"I.. I'm claustrophobic. " was all I answered. "Since birth?" he questioned. What is going on? Why is he so curious? I raised an eyebrow at him and walk back to where I was sitting before. "Did you drink anything funny?" I asked. He rolled his eyes which was new. "I'm trying.. " he sighed.

"Okay..." I smiled sheepishly. "So?" he urged me to continue. "No. I wasn't like this. You can call it as bad past. " I sighed remembering the past events.  "Was it that bad?" he asked. I looked at him and his face remained stoic. "Why do you hate me?" I questioned. "That was not what I asked. " he replied.

"I have every right to know though. At least tell me why you hate me. It's better to know why I'm being hated than to be aloof and get hated on." I answered. He sighed and rubbed his temple. "I don't hate you. " he said and I almost burst out laughing. "I'm sorry, I think I'm tripping. Did you just say you don't hate me?"

He glared at me. "I don't hate you okay? I just hate women in general." he answered. "Clearly." I mumbled. He stared at me coldly. "Look I'm... Um whatever happened.. You know.. I" he clearly looked nervous. "Wow so the De..." I cleared my throat when he glared at me. "so even you get nervous." I said in a low voice.

He sighed and stood up. "We have an urgent meeting tomorrow so go to sleep." he said and head towards the elevator. "But tell me what you were about to say." I whined. He chuckled. "Come here and I'll tell you." he smirked. "Like I will." I glared at him. "Okay. Your choice." he shrugged. He entered the elevator and raised an eyebrow. "Last chance." he smirked.

I just told him I can't enter the elevator. This jerk! "Whatever!" I grumbled and head for the stairs without sparing him another look.
*******

"Will these be enough for the project you're holding up?" I asked as I stacked the papers in alphabetical orders. "It's more than enough." he replied typing furiously on his laptop.

"What did the poor laptop even do to you?" I mumbled. "Now's not the right time to provoke me Miss. Winter." he said in his deep masculine voice that has recently became a familiar melody.

"Your sense of hearing is undoubtedly excellent. " I sighed as I placed the papers inside the box and labelled it. "It's the way you speak your thoughts out loud. " he chuckled. I was glad that he started smiling a lot. We no longer had those episodes where we become toxic to each other. We could hold a normal conversation, he is more relaxed with me now. We are more peaceful and I'm thankful for such a change.

"You still haven't answered my question though." I said sitting down on the couch. "What question?" he asked, still not looking up from the laptop. "Why do you hate women in general?" I questioned. It was bold of me to shoot this question because it can either go right or wrong.

He raised his head and stared at me. He shut his laptop and stayed quite for sometime. Did I asked him too fast? Should I have tested the waters first? Is he mad? Or is he..

He walked towards me and sat down beside me. "Why do you want to know?" he asked. I couldn't track down whether he was angry or upset or whatsoever. He just had no emotion in his tone.

"You can say that I'm just curious?" My response came out more like a question. "Have you ever heard that, Curiosity killed the cat?" he said and I rolled my eyes. "But the answer saved him." I said. "Says who?" he smirked. "Says me." I replied. Seeing him smirk, I knew for sure that he wasn't mad angry.

"Or are you by any chance you know.. " I said in a doubtful voice. "By chance what?" he raised an eyebrow. "Umm.. Into guys?" I said and the face that he made.  I burst out laughing. "You should look at your face. It looks like you've seen a ghost." he looked horrified.

"I can show you if I am or if I am not. " he said with a devilish smile on his face as he scooted closer towards my side. "Hey hey! Stay where you are. " I tried to sound stern but guess it didn't work. He smiled grew more and I could see that playful glint in his eyes.

He came real close, our faces were only an inch apart. I could feel my breathing getting heavier. He hold onto both my hands and I couldn't look away from his powerful gaze that once held a playful glint. Slowly I could feel his lips brush slightly against mine. My heart was beating so fast, I couldn't concentrate on anything except him alone.

The atmosphere around the room was hot and heavy. It felt like electric bots were spreading at every corners of the cabin. And with the sound of a call from his cell, the spell was broken. He cussed under his breath and checked his cell. My face was on fire and I didn't know what to do. Hell! I don't even know what just happened.

He received the call and I took it as an opening and ran out of the cabin. I entered my cabin and locked the door. My cheeks were burning and so was the tip of my ears. I can't believe what I just did. The tingling sensation where his lips brushed against mine could still be felt.

What was happening to me? I was lost for words. There was no reasonable explanation to what actually happened between us some moments ago. My heart was still racing. Was I over reacting or he is feeling what I just felt.?
*******

Hello lovelies.. I'm back with a new chapter. Thank you for supporting me and not giving up on this. Hopefully, this is worth the days I was missing 😅
I'll be back with more soon. Until then, stay safe. Stay healthy. Keep shining like a diamond you are.

I love you~ 💜💜