Aurelio

Enrique came right on time to pick me up. I got into his car and we were on our way to meet this special person. I am really looking forward to knowing who this person actually is but I'm also very nervous if he'll like me.

I mean don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less what others thought of me but since he's an important person not only to Enrique but also his family, it's very nerve wrecking.

Enrique held my hand and squeezed it lightly. "My love, I'll get jealous if you keep worrying about how you'll look in front of him." He teased.

"What jealousy? You aren't even disclosing who it is. What if I embarrass myself." I glared at him but was also thankful. He did relax my nerves a little.

He kissed me gently and smiled. "I know you want to look good for us but don't worry, my love. Even if he doesn't like you, his opinion cannot change my mind about you. You're above anyone, even myself so relax okay?" He kissed my eyes and lips again.

I smiled and kissed back. Who would've thought that the once prickly, easily irritated man will be so romantic and soothing. "Hmm.. I'll listen to you."

We arrived at the restaurant. The waiter led us to a private room. No one was inside the room which relaxed my tense muscles.

Enrique made me sit next to him and placed an arm around my waist. He took out his cellphone with his other hand, probably making a call.

I looked around the room, admiring the subtle art pieces and the sparkling chandelier above the table.

I was lost in my thoughts when Enrique kissed me. I looked at him in surprise. "What are you thinking so hard?" He chuckled stroking my cheek and tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Hmm... Admiring the room." I answered softly. He kissed me again and again. "Enrique!" I exclaimed slapping his thigh.

"You look so cute and obedient, I couldn't help myself." He laughed.

I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled.

"He just got off the flight and is stuck in the traffic so it'll take some time for him to get here." Enrique said looking through the menu.

"We might as well eat something. You must be hungry. Here, choose what you like." He handed me the menu.

"Isn't it rude to eat before the guest arrives?" I was baffled.

"He already gave his permission to eat. He'll be late and he already ate something on the plane so we're good." He assured me.

I could only agree with him and enjoy our meal. While the waiter brought our dessert, Enrique got a call from the guest we were waiting for.

"Brother.. aren't you awfully late? We're done with our dinner." Enrique sighed.

"Well you better hurry up. I don't care if I wait till tomorrow but my baby is already tired and she needs to rest." He grumbled. I wanted to say it was okay but before I could utter a single word, he gave me a glance to not say anything.

"Good. Remember room 307 or just say my name to the staff." He ended the call.

"Enrique! It's okay even if we wait a little longer." I said helplessly.

"It was his plan to meet all along. He can't keep you waiting." He shrugged.

This man...sometimes I can't seem to figure out what's brewing inside that great mind of his. I sighed.

"I just don't want to leave a bad impression."

"Don't worry, love. He'll understand. Besides aren't I enough? You don't have to impress him or anything, or I'll be jealous." He replied teasingly.

I smacked his chest and rolled my eyes.
He held onto my wrist and pecked my lips.

He then snaked his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Enrique!" I gasped. "What if someone walks in?"

He chuckled. "So what? I'm just holding what's mine."

In the midst of our interaction, there was a knock on the door and someone walked in.

I was so embarrassed getting caught in an unfavorable position and tried to sit straight. Enrique, however, had a different idea.

He held me closer which made me almost sit on his lap. I glared at him but he didn't seem fazed at all.

"Since when have you been so sticky?" The man chuckled as he approached us. "Brother." Enrique smiled.

After taking some seconds to adjust myself, I looked up to greet the guest.

Wide eyes meet wide eyes. That's how I should describe my first impression of the man in front of us.

I was genuinely lost for words. My past was standing in front of us, in flesh. Just more mature.

He was equally surprised to see me too. Enrique seemed to notice the change. I could feel him tightening his hold around me.

I look away from him and turn to face Enrique. He was already staring at me with a frown on his face.

I smiled at him and pecked his lips. His frown loosened as he kissed me back.

"You know him?" He asked me as he brushed away my hair slightly.

Before I could answer, Aurelio spoke first. "Winter?"

"It's really you..." He continued. "
"Brother, she's my wife." His eyes were on me the entire time which irked Enrique.

"You're married?" His sounded so surprised. "We will be. Soon." Enrique replied.

"I'm surprised you know her." By this time Enrique had returned to his stoic face.

"Yes." Aurelio almost whispered. He looked like he was reminiscing about the past.

"We went to the same highschool for a while." I brushed it off. "Oh? What a coincidence." He mused.

"Yeah... It sure....is." Aurelio snapped out of it and took a seat. "So how did you guys meet?"

"Remember I told you dad wanted me to " babysit" one of his best friend's daughter?" Enrique chuckled holding my hand and squeezing it lightly.

I glared at him and he grinned, pecking my lips. This silly man.

Realisation flashed before Aurelio's eyes, "Oh! So it turned out to be Winter."

"Yes! For once I'm glad you backed out of helping me. Or else, I would've missed my love." Enrique sighed.

"Huh...yeah." Aurelio's eyes never left my sight and it was making me very uncomfortable. Those eyes that's looking at me with grievance like as if I've wronged him. Just like before. Just like that day.

My palms were sweating and I was feeling a little light headed. I could feel my heart pounding like I just ran for 20 minutes straight without taking a break. I feel like I couldn't breathe properly. I squeezed Enrique's hand tightly trying to relax myself but I could feel myself panicking more and more.

"My love! Baby! Winter! What's wrong?" Enrique was half hugging me, wiping the sweat off my forehead. Everything infront of me looks so blurry. "En... En..ri..que.." I called out panting.

"My love! Hang in there!......." I can feel myself being lifted up but the voices seems to be fading along with my vision. I started panicking more, holding tightly unto Enrique. I want to call out his name but I can't. I'm scared. I can't breathe. Help me! Please!
***********

Happy New year lovelies! I can't thank you all enough for still giving your interest in this book.

Have a lovely time 💜 Always remember, you're loved and valid! I 💜 you all!