Welcoming the spring of life.

The waiter must be tipped highly for he brought the food just in time before things get more awkward. I cheered internally. "Food's here. Let's eat first, shall we?" I smile taking in the bursting goodness in front of me.

Franco let out a small chuckle looking at Enrique's frowned face. Thankfully, they left it as it is and silently ate what was placed in front of them. "How's the steak? Let me slice it for you." Enrique offered. "It's very tender." I smiled taking another bite.

Enrique folded his napkin and tapped the corner of my lips. "Eat slowly. I'll cut more pieces for you." he chuckled. I smiled sheepishly. "The two of you are so mean." Franco sighed dramatically staring at us. "Then do yourself a favor and leave." Enrique glared at him.

"Who said I want to leave?" Franco grinned chewing on a big piece of meat. Enrique snorted disdainfully. Feeding him a piece of meat, I shot a grin at him."Enrique. You should eat too. It's really juicy and tasty."

Enrique chewed happily like a little kid eating his favorite food. Fortunately, the two kids stopped bickering and we could have our food in peace. Sometimes they act more like a couple married for more than 6 years.

Franco thanked Enrique for the treat. "I'll be waiting for your promised dinner." Franco teased and winked at me. Seeing Enrique's dark expression I sighed. "You're really asking for it aren't you Franco." Franco grinned nodding his head like a good child.

Enrique clenched his fist emitting a cold aura. Franco knew his limits and took some steps back. "Okay. See you two soon." he chuckled turning his back and strolling away leisurely.

"In the future, stay away from him." Enrique said in a low voice. I held his clenched fist and placed a small kiss at the corner of his lips. "Don't be angry Enrique. He's just messing with you." Enrique stared directly at my eyes, his bright deep eyes burning with emotions he once concealed. It was as if he could see through all my thoughts, scanning me bare of all my thoughts and emotions.

He snaked one of his arm on my waist pulling me closer to him until there was no space in between us. His other clenched fist had already loosened and lift my chin up. His head slowly dipped down and my lips was slowly captured by something warm and wet. His kiss wasn't slow but it wasn't rushed either. All I could feel was various emotions bursting to be acknowledged.

His arm on my waist tightened as he kissed me deeper. He lightly nipped on my lips making me gasp. He suddenly slipped his tongue meeting mine and exerting his dominance. A burst of sweetness emitted from within and even though the night was getting a little colder, my body felt hot. Loud heartbeats intermingling with light gasp was like a music welcoming the spring of life.

We kissed until both of us were out of breaths. Enrique placed his forehead on mine and flashed an innocent smile filled with joy. His eyes were smiling as he placed his hand on my left cheek. "I love you." he grinned, placing a peck on my nose.

"I love you too." I matched his grin hooking my arms around his neck. We were so lost in each other's world, when we suddenly heard a small childish voice saying, "Look mummy! They're making babies!"

Surprised, I turned my line of sight to where the voice came from. A little boy holding his mother's hand was pointing at them with a look of astonishment and curiosity. His mother smiled at us sheepishly, hushing the little guy and dragging him away.

"What the little kid said doesn't sound bad at all. What do you say? Should we make a baby of our own?" Enrique teased laughing lightly. There was a glimmer of mischief in his eyes. I could feel my face dyed in red, as I hid my face on his chest. His chest vibrated as he chucked patting my head gently.

I let go and we walked back home. After taking a warm shower, I stretched my tensed muscles. After gathering all the materials that was required for the work, I checked some work dad sent me to have a look so that I could start immediately once I returned home.

After studying and cross checking the documents, I shut my laptop and fluffed my pillow to sleep. There was knock at the door. I unlocked the door and a tall figure loomed over me. "Enrique? What happen?" I asked confused. Enrique was standing in front of me topless. His hair was damped and some droplets of water were dripping from his chest racing down to his eight packs.

I gulped involuntarily. "Like what you see? It'll be even better if you touch it." his hot breath fanned near my ear making me flush red. My hand raised without my consent and almost touched his body. I jerked my hand back and glared at him, my cheeks burning.

He chuckled and walked inside the room. He looked around and frowned. I took in his expression and glanced around the room searching what was wrong. Enrique sat on my bed and looked like he was thinking something very intensely. "What's wrong?" I questioned standing in front of him.

After being silent for a while, he slowly glanced at me. His watery eyes held guilt and self contempt. He held my hands and pulled me closer. Circling his arms around my waist, he rested his head on my stomach and asked, "I was really bad to you wasn't I?" he sighed.

"You weren't that bad." I patted his back lightly. Either he ignored what I said or didn't hear what I said, he continued, "Your room doesn't look like someone is occupying it, except for the study table and the bed." I looked around and realised I didn't use much space neither have I touched many stuffs in the room.

Before I could say anything, he held my tighter saying, "You really hate it here? Are you planning to leave right after your break is over?" he said that so softly, I had to really strain my hearing to understand it. His voice was so heavy, it was uncomfortable for me as well.

I did plan to leave the very night my break was over. That's what I didn't unpack most of my stuffs. I treated this room, this house more like a hotel. Neither of us spoke for a long time. The air was so heavy, it was uncomfortable to even breathe. His hold on my waist never fell, rather with each pausing moment, it became tighter.

I pat his head gently, hooking my arms around his shoulder. "I admit I was planning to leave as soon as possible. I really hated here. It was really hard for me. I never felt welcomed. There wasn't a sense of belonging at all." I said slowly. He pulled me closer, nuzzling my stomach.

"But it was all before. Before we knew about each other's circumstances, before we were willing to make a truce. Before we fell in love." His muffled voice made him look so pitiful. "Hmm?" I bent a little to listen what he said.

"What about now?" he asked like a little boy scared of being punished. "Now? Now I don't feel that way. Now I'm happy to be with you. Now I want to live everyday with you. Now I want to know you and I want you to know more about me. Now all I want is just the two of us." I smiled.

He raised his head and stared at me with glistening eyes. I dipped my head down and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. He let go of my waist and held my cheeks. He kissed me desperately and even though it was a little painful, I responded with same emotion. Both of us knew that we needed this.

After breaking off the kiss, we cuddled and I didn't know when I fell asleep. That night I had a beautiful dream after a long time. They say you stay happy even in your dreams when your heart is happy.

Enrique smiled watching his baby sleep peacefully in his arms. He made up his mind of never letting this warmth away from him. He kissed her forehead and closed his eyes, a small content smile gracing his lips.
***********

Hello lovelies! I'm so sorry, I went missing again. My assignments never ends so I don't get time for myself. Hence, I can't update as much as I want to. I'll definitely try to update as often as possible.

Thank you for keeping up with my unruly demands. Thank you for your support.!

Remember to stay healthy, stay safe! I love you all so much!💜