Mr. Waller.

Mr. Waller.

Avoiding him was my mission. Failing terribly was my outcome. To even think I could avoid him was a wishful thinking because right now we're sitting in his car, on our way to check a new place for his next project. The fact that so much happened and him being near me, ain't helping me calm down at all.

We've been driving with silence engulfing us over some minutes now and this is making me more nervous. Not only am I more aware of his presence but also the fact that I can smell his cologne is a big thing. I feel like I'll go crazy before we reach the so called place.

I didn't want to look at him at all. I swear I didn't wish for it but my eyes has a will of its own and it happened. I was staring at him. His features that I've already memorized over the weeks. Everything was the same except they looked more softer, less guarded.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." he said and I avert my eyes right away from him. I could feel the blush creeping onto my face and ears. The temperature was suddenly too much for me and I opened the window for some air to breathe.

After a short pause, "What are you talking about?" I pretended to act dumb and I could hear him trying to hold back his laughter. "Your face says otherwise." He replied smugly.
"No, it doesn't." I said covering it. "Whatever makes you sleep tonight. " he smirked.

After some moments of peaceful silence, "You must be excited to leave soon." he said with a hint of sadness in his tone if I'm not mistaken. I glanced at him only to find him already looking at me. "Eyes on the road mister." I said and he smiled shaking his head.

To think of it, my days here is only numbered now. I'll be finally returning home. How long has it been that I've stopped marking my days here. What must he be thinking right now? Is he glad that I'll be leaving soon? Should it concern me? Shouldn't I be happy leaving?

"Yeah. I almost forgot." I said staring right ahead. "You don't sound happy." he stated. "I am happy. " I said losing a bit of confidence. He didn't said anything after that and we finally reached the destination. We got off and a man was waiting outside the door. He looked like he was in his 30s, got a good built but he didn't look like an Italian. Maybe I'm judging too much and I know I should do that but it was just human instinct.

"Welcome Mr. Facchinetti. I hope you didn't had any trouble on the way here?" he smiled shaking the devil's hand. "Everything was fine Mr. Willard. " he gave a small smile. How typical of him, I thought rolling my eyes. "Who is this beautiful lady with you?" he asked making me snap out and adjusting my posture.

"She's Miss. Rodriguez. " he said and I smiled shaking his hand. "Hello Mr. Willard. " He smiled brightly returning my hand shake. "Hello Miss Rodriguez. Must I dare say, you're indeed a beauty. " I blushed and suddenly we were interrupted by a loud clearing of throat from the person next to me.

I stared at him and he was already glaring at me. Geez! What is wrong with him? Mr. Willard led us inside this beautiful restaurant with fancy interior. The windows there were overlooking the beautiful valleys and small streams.

I was mesmerized by the beauty inside out and realised why this place was so popular specially among the lovers who wants to get away for the weekends. "You can go around have a look while I discuss some work with Willard." The devil said making me smile brightly.

"I love that idea." I grinned. "But steer clear from edges and if anyone approaches you, do not talk to them. Return to my side immediately okay?" he warned making me pout. "How can I just ignore people who talk to me? Anyway, I'm not a kid so I'll be fine. " I said making him sigh in frustration. "Sometimes agree to what I say. "