Franco.

It was a very calming evening. The streets were bustling with people, the traffic was jammed as usual but the ever gloomy streets was lit up by the city lights. The air surrounding the space was cool and a star or two could be noticed just some meters below the beautifully lit moon.

Franco was surprised to be called by Enrique without any prior notice. The duo didn't had a good relationship at the present but they once shared a mutual friendship. He understands why the other party is bitter towards him but he could do anything about something that has already passed.

He knows that no matter what justification he brings, he's in no position to regain that trust. But he secretly wished his once called mate will recover and move on with better outcome in life. He was scarred too but he understands that Enrique faced the bigger blow.

Franco then on decided to never do something or get in the way of Enrique if he's passionate about it. Years after that incident, Franco finally came across a rather interesting lady. He was not like Enrique who despised women but he knew who approaches him for what and how to treat them in accordance.

When he first heard her voice during the call he had with her, he couldn't make out the real objective behind the caller but she did sound somewhat interesting especially since she came from his line of work. He agreed to meet her out of curiosity but who knew that his object of curiosity was so dangerous.

He couldn't believe how beautiful a person could be. He had episodes with many beauties but this one was different. And as they conversed he realized why she was so special. It wasn't only her beauty but also her personality that attracts the people around her.

Her sudden burst of energy, her strange questions, her innocent habits and the way she blushes when she realise she has made a mess. This beautiful lady was like a fresh air from him. He wondered how could that cold bloke even get his hands on this unique soul.

He tasted something bitter. Was he jealous he couldn't get her first? Was he sad he couldn't meet her before him? Was he angry because he already vowed not mess up with him again? He was left confused with more questions.

He didn't know why he went out of his way to help her out even to the point of asking for a treat in return. He didn't care if he gets a treat or not. He never met people the second time once the proposal is over, so why did he do that?

Franco was left with questions and emotions that he didn't want to face. She was storming his mind unconsciously and he hated that. But he knows better that it's not her fault to begin with. He laughed genuinely for the first time in a while and it was all because of her.

After she left, Franco immediately looked up for her details. He wanted to know who she really was and how she was related to that man. He didn't get much information on her except for the fact that she belongs to a very wealthy family and that her details are tightly secured.

He guessed that she's no ordinary when no private details could be found. Will that man go this far to hide her? Who is she? And why is her life a secret? He knew best not to be curious but he couldn't stop himself.

She was starting to be like a fresh batch of highly addictive drug which once tasted, one could feel no point of return. He tried to subdue his mind from looking around for her to his best ability. He left the city for a while to get away from his temptation.

Unfortunately or fortunately he met her again while she was getting some groceries. It was purely a coincident. He didn't know he'll meet her there. He didn't know how to react but gathered himself and faced her.

She was being polite and distant. He shouldn't be sad because they hardly know eachother so it justifies her actions towards him but he didn't like it. He wanted to get rid of these unwanted nagging that's clouding his mind. He didn't know why he wanted to eat korean food. He didn't like them in the first place.

He was going crazy but he was happy at the same time to be invited by her over for dinner. He knew she didn't tell him her address even though he was invited for dinner but he just shrugged it off. 'Maybe it's not right after all.' he wondered.

Franco thought about the day he went to meet Enrique for some business deals. Even though they didn't share any good feelings towards each other, they know better than to not mix emotions with work. While visiting his office he overheard some staffs talking about how competent and talented Miss. Rodriguez was.

He got curious yet again and approached them. They greeted him feeling surprised to see him. "Winter Rodriguez is an employee here right?" he asked. "Yes. But she's more of an apprentice than an employee." one of the staff replied. 'Apprentice? Hmm..how intriguing.' he thought to himself.

He left for Enrique's office and found no one was present. The thing about him was that no matter how bad his personal relationship is with Enrique, he knows that he can enter his office even without Enrique's permission. Maybe deep down Enrique knows that Franco can never stoop too low as to stab him behind his back again.

Franco was bored waiting for Enrique and was about to leave when he heard voices approaching the room. He recognized both the voices immediately. Franco realised he came at the wrong time but noticing the look on Enrique's face, he couldn't stop himself from teasing him.

He could see Enrique getting angry but the second but he could slightly notice him showing signs of sadness. What was more interesting for Franco was the fact that this stone, the man with no emotions whatsoever was showing so many facial expressions which he thought he'll never witness again.

He knew the girl next to his friend was the reason why this stoic person is loosening up and he was thankful. He acted indifferent towards them but inside he knew what he had to do.

He excused himself and left after stirring up a little mischief. 'Might as well entertain me for the last time, isn't it?' he thought and let out a small chuckle. On his way back home stared outside the window of his car. The streets were lively as usual, the traffic was horrible as always, a group of kids were laughing and walking proudly on the street, there were couples holding hands and walking leisurely.

Franco sighed hard. His driver glanced at the mirror and saw a sad expression gracing his master's face. His master was an honest man in his eyes. He knew how caring his master is towards the people who works for him. He has never discriminate them and has always helped them whenever they were in trouble.

He wanted to help his master with whatever the problem he was facing but he knew better than to silently root for him. Franco laughed bitterly. He realised why she was always on his mind, he understood that he unknowingly fell for her kind nature. But he knows that his friend needs her more than he does.

He stared at his palm and sighed. 'Maybe this is my retribution.' he thought and massaged his temple. He willed himself to walk out of this feelings. He knows he has no right to decide who this sunshine belongs to but after witnessing the events today, he knew that even she has developed feelings for that stoic man.

Franco was lost in thoughts when he saw the pair approaching him. He didn't know what was going on and judging by the looks of it, even Winter had no idea what was going on. Enrique ordered everything and after questioning what he was planning, he proudly declared the debt of his beloved towards Franco.

Franco was left speechless at how this man was behaving. He was like a child claiming what's his while at the same time showing off and drawing a line protecting his territory. Franco controlled my laughter at how much he changed. He could see Winter holding back her laughter as well.

'These silly couple. They really look well together.' Franco smiled to himself. "But Winter promised food she made and not all these." Franco feigned innocence. 'Come on I gave up on her without trying so I won't come between you two. At least entertain me a little.' Franco sighed internally.

Enrique was mad at the response from Franco. He knew he didn't expect anything good from this sly man sitting in front of them but he didn't want to create unnecessary argument while his wifey is with them. Winter smiled awkwardly feeling the tense atmosphere surrounding them. 'This is going to be a long night.' she thought to herself feeling defeated.
************
Hi lovelies! Please stay safe and healthy.
Remember to eat healthy food and don't forget to always wash your hands with soap or hand wash. Take care.
I 💜 y'all.

P. S. Please understand that all the chapters are not proofread yet. Please excuse the mistakes.