Prelude of Strife

3rd person POV:

"Mochi Mochi...." Izuku pulled his arms back preparing to attack Sengoku as fast as he could. "GATLING!" He released attack after attack for the giant golden Buddha man to deflect them all with one hand.

"Is that the best you can do? I'm disappointed."

'Dammit. He's using Haki.' The former Fleet Admiral came at Izuku with another attack for him to stretch his arm out down below and pull himself under the attack. "Now, Shink!" Izuku reduced his body to a smaller portion to move faster and come directly up towards his enemy's leg to use them as running points. To prevent him from getting farther, Sengoku used his Haki to force Izuku off and be shot in the head with a cannon. Looking to the side, both noticed Yaoyorozu loading up a cannon with cannonballs she created to send them directly at Sengoku with it pushing him back.

'So she can make sea prism stone, huh? Not bad.'

"MOCHI WILLOW!" Izuku attacked a second time in the air with his leg becoming several smaller forms of it to actually hit Sengoku this round and force him back. However, the Marine was too smart for him to grab Izukus legs and throw him into where Yaoyorozu was for both to be sent back a distance. "Damn that bastard!" Izuku got back up preparing to go again before being stopped by Yaoyorozu.

"Midoriya. We need to fight alongside one another-"

"Save me your fucking BS! Give me one reason why I should even consider your offer outside of this being our final exam and it infringes on us passing." She couldn't speak up for Izuku to continue. "I can list off a mountain of reasons why if taking a failing grade was an option, I'd willingly take it."

"You can't be serious that you'd willingly take a failing grade than work alongside me!"

"Then give me a reason why I shouldn't! Up until now, you've done nothing but cause problems thinking I was a villain! You bullied me for years, burned down my house, and delivered this disgusting mug onto me where I don't even like showing Ochako and feel bad she's stuck with this being her husband's face if the arraigned marriage stays on!"

"Most of that was my uncle's idea, not mine!"

"Yet you went along with it like it wasn't a bad idea! You had years to determine if this was right or wrong and you chose to ignore it as a whole! You even went so far as to attempt to beat me to death during the Sports Festival! What's your excuse there!?"

"That was my bad, I'll admit to that! But I'm trying to at least make things right!"

"Make them RIGHT!? SAYS THE WOMAN WHO'S UNCLE SICKED THE FUCKING WARLORDS ON ME!"

"I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT HAPPENED UNTIL SHANKS CAME AND WHAT HAPPENED WAS EXPLAINED TO THE STUDENT BODY! I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT ONE!"

"YOU'VE DONE PLENTY WHERE I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TRUST YOU! YOU'VE BEEN A HORRIBLE, DISGRACEFUL AND ROTTEN WOMAN FOR YEARS BECAUSE OF YOUR ACTIONS AND NO AMOUNT OF APOLOGIZING YOU COULD EVER DO WILL FIX THAT!" A blast came from where Sengoku was for Izuku to use Haki and punch it to stop it, forcing his hand to get singed from the hit. The attack subsided for Izuku to get to the point he was making. "If things weren't what they were and my family didn't do what they did for me to be given the fair shake everyone else was, you'd be the villain that everyone hated. Not me." Understanding what he said was true, Yaoyorozu didn't fight back nor want to say anything to state as a sign of objection. "But...things would be worse for both of us if we were to fail. So I'm going to make an exception for today and today only. I'll work with you under the concept that it's for both of our benefits. I'm not doing this because I have any interest in your attempts to redeem yourself."