Chapter 73 - Clarification

A/N: Warning: MxM sex-themed scene. 

"Ethan," a familiar voice pierced through the fog in his head.

Ethan frowned, grumbling as the beautiful scene of him lying on the sofa, nuzzling his mate's nape, fled into obscurity. He shuffled, following the pinewood scent in the hope of recapturing that cozy moment again.

His legs brushed a warm body, and he wrapped his arms around him, shifting till his nose was buried at the base of a jumble of fine, long hair. Then, eyes still closed, he curved his body around the leaner frame and sighed at the warmth that soaked directly into his skin.

He did not want this dream to end.

"Ay yo! Ethan, wake up! Your mom's about to storm up there!" Brent warned in the echoing, surrounding, yet directionless voice Ethan had learned to associate with someone talking over the pack channel.

His eyes flew open, taking in the familiar decor of his surroundings arranged in a foreign layout.

As he blinked away the sleep clouding his thoughts, he realized two things. First, Brent was not in his suite with him. And secondly, neither was he.

The person next to him shifted, stretching a long leg against Ethan's thigh. The thick white comforter covered their lower halves, but he knew they were both naked from the skin pressed against his.

Then the memories from the night before came flooding back. It was not a dream.

He and his mate had made love on the entryway floor and then decided to take their tired bodies to bed. But somehow, that journey had included stops at the dining table, the sofa, the writing desk, and the shower before reaching their destination. And like native wolves in heat, they had not been able to keep their hands off each other.

Now the entire suite smelled of them and what they had been up to last night.

Dear goddess, the poor housekeeping staff!

Ethan did not want to think about the look on their faces when all those crusty white patches littering around were discovered.

The bed dipped, and Jan turned under the covers to face him, causing it to slip treacherously lower.

Ethan groaned when his mate's hip nudged his groin. He was already at half-mast, and the rest of his blood was flowing down south to play. But it was not all pleasant.

He had not jerked off this much in one night, and now his shaft was sensitive.

"Are you ok?" Jan mumbled, his voice heavy with sleep.

"Hmm," Ethan replied.

Though his mind repeated, don't move, don't move, his body inched forward, yearning for his mate's touch.

"Did I wake you?" He asked, trying to take his mind off the growing ache between his legs.

"Not really. Your heartbeat changed. Did something happen?"

Ethan's eyebrows lifted a notch, impressed by his mate's acute hearing. Then he slightly shook his head, answering, "My mom is going crazy downstairs."

"You should go to her. She worries about you a lot."

Ethan nodded. However, his gaze trailed lower, distracting him from the topic of his mother.

The lights in the bedroom were off, but they had forgotten to switch off the chandelier in the living room. And the glimmer from its numerous bulbs was enough for him to see the patchwork of reddish spots and bites he had left on the vampire as he took his pleasure last night.