Chapter 129 - Soul Bound

Jan trembled as Gaia's floodgates closed and the whirlpool rush of energy subsided. The deafening roar quietened, leaving a soft ringing in his ear as his senses returned. Slowly, the world came rushing back.

Gaia's power receded, but the effects of their bonding rippled physically through the vampire.

His entire body was on fire. Every nerve cell on his skin buzzed. He was so sensitive that the flutter of Ethan's warm breath tickled his ear and sent cascading tingles down his spine. Goosebumps sprouted over his back, and his toes curled within his boots. He shivered again.

With their chests pressed together, the wolf's racing heart thundered against Jan's breast.

Tha-dum. Tha-dum. Tha-dum.

Wait, that was his heart...

No... It was both of theirs. Their heartbeats were in sync. Even when he was idle, the vampire's heart sped to match the rhythm of his mate's.

The sound was beautiful. It filled Jan with a warm joy, blossoming from knowing that he and Ethan were bonded. They were one.

Still trembling, the alpha heaved.

His thick scent assailed Jan's nostrils. It had grown deeper, richer with firm pinewood notes, a combination of wolf and vampire. Warm, musky, earthy. It was a heady aphrodisiac that drove hot blood right between Jan's legs.

The vampire drew a deep breath, filling his lungs with his mate's wonderful scent.

My alpha. My mate. Oh, how he loved the term.

He withdrew his fangs as the heat in his body took a different, much more sensual fever. His tongue eagerly lapped at the two pinpricks left behind and kept licking even when the holes had disappeared. Ethan tasted so good, and the vampire wanted more. He needed the wolf's naked flesh against his. He desired for that warm body to wrap around him and feel the sweet tongue on his.

Jan yearned for Ethan.

He shivered again, his need fueling the flames spreading within him. His trembling hands fluttered over the alpha's body, ripping gold buttons off his white uniform and pulling him closer.

Ethan was no better.

His breath came in stuttered bursts. His hands gripped Jan's curved derriere almost painfully, lifting the vampire up so he could rub their thick, hardened lengths together.

The eager lips frantically searched for each other. And when they met, they both sighed into the kiss, like the relief of a cold, soothing drink after a long thirst.

Ethan devoured Jan's mouth, and the vampire let him, keen to satiate his own blazing hunger. However, that was not enough. The feverish fire between them only grew with each touch.

Jan's skin was burning. He needed his mate's lips on him now.

Arcing his long, graceful neck, the vampire drew Ethan's sensual mouth down to the sensitive flesh at his nape. The wolf obliged, latching on the spot where his pulse thundered. Jan shuddered as the moist tongue swept over his skin. Then, when Ethan earnestly began suckling it, his swollen strawberry lips made the sweetest, most incoherent sounds. "Ah! mnn! hmm!"

The feverish fire burning through his body spread to his brain. It raged until his mind was nothing but a senseless puddle of desires. "Ethan, I want... I need..."

The alpha grunted, thrusting his hips forward and grinding their tented crotches together. "Tell me, love. What do you want?"

Jan's eyes fluttered close at the ripples of pleasure spasming through him. Then, Ethan's canines scraped deliciously over his vulnerable neck, and his body jerked. A million tiny stars exploded behind his eyelids.