3: An Awkward First Meeting!

Rick calmly walks over to the table, carrying the translucent bag filled with medium-sized soda bottles inside. He then places it on top of the table before slowly getting down on his knees, and begins to slowly pull out different brands of soda from inside. Though the moment he sets a Pepsi in front of me, I can't help but nervously smile a little, sheepishly chuckling.

"Geez.. thats a lotta soda's." The awkward sentence practically leaves my mouth, making Rick slowly glance in my direction.

"Yeah, it is. You were coming, so I brought as much as I could." Rick bluntly replied, still blankly staring at me from across the table as he sat near Kevin.

"Oh.. hahah.."

I can't help but sheepishly laugh a little. I don't get the feeling he doesn't like me or something, but he's a little hard to talk to..

Ethan then leans in with a shrug, whispering with a smug smile crossing his thin lips. "No need to be intimidated. This is just his way of trying to be friendly. Or.. just his way of trying to impress you."

Rick's eyes widen a little for a brief moment, before a rather red dusty hue slowly fades into his cheeks. Embarrassed seemingly, Rick looks away silently with his brows furrowed. "..I'm not trying to impress them."

I arched a brow, a little confused at how such a blunt man could be embarrassed so easily. But I quickly feel a lump in my throat, my gaze softening. He did look kind of pitiful when embarrassed admittedly, so..

"Well.. I believe you. Don't worry—I appreciate that you brought some soda. It's better than not having anything to drink at all." I smile awkwardly at him from across the table. Rick slowly glances at me for a moment, staring back at me. The red hue on his face then vanishes, though a little bit of it remains on his cheeks.

"..thanks." He muttered. Even though he said it in a rather monotone voice, I could tell he was probably relieved.

Ethan's eyes lingers on both me and Rick for a second, before he ends up speaking with that same calm smile. Pressing a palm against his cheek, he looked over to me with a calm smile, cocking his head curiously. "So—I don't think I remember you being into any movies the last time we saw eachother. What made you decide to join?"

I blinked. A bead of sweat then formed on my face. I didn't really wanna end up admitting Radford had practically dragged me here, especially with how nice and welcoming they were all being right now.

"Well.. Rad—I mean.. Radford just seemed pretty happy here. And it seemed like a lotta fun, so.." I stammered. I practically had to force my hand down so I didn't facepalm at my own attempt at lying. Ethan only continued to smile back at me though, chuckling lowly.

"Heh.. no need to be embarrassed. We won't let you down here, alright?" He said with a grin of tranquil. "I'm the President here, so I'll make sure whatever happens, you have a good time."

The lines of my lips slowly form into an awkward but appreciative smile. But I can't help but bring up something thats been on my mind.

"You know.. I'm a little surprised. I thought I remembered you being in a debate club in highschool. What made you decide to start a movie club instead of pursuing any of that after you graduated?" I asked.

Ethan paused, his lips forming into a frown before slowly turning upward into a smile yet again. "Heh.. well, yeah, I was. Honestly, it was a little messy though.. too much arguing or unnecessary drama if someone made the tiniest of mistakes. But in a club like this, I don't have to worry about all that. We can just chill out here and have fun instead of always being mad at eachother for no reason."

Radford then leaned in, his speech a little muffled by a singular chip he happened to be eating. "Ethan's.. mmmph.. a really good President!". Rick only nodded in agreement from across the table.