11: Sharing with Ethan! PT. 0.1

"Hey. You havin' a good time here so far?" Ethan asked with a calm smile once I approached him, his eyes staring at me. With how calm he was all the time, it was a little hard to tell if he was being genuine in his enthusiasm about me joining the club.

Still, I replied with a sigh and a half-smile, saying: "Yeah.. it's still a little embarrassing though."

"Heheh.. I know the feeling. Don't worry though. I'm sure we'll all get used to it." Ethan laughed lightly without a care in the world, his voice low and soothing. Honestly, could calm anyone down just by talking to them or being around them. Makes me kinda understand why he's even the president of this club.

I only smile and nod, agreeing half-heartedly. I still wasn't entirely sure about any of this, but it was nice to receive some encouragement from Ethan anyway. I then reached out my paper toward Ethan, who looked down at it with a slight widen of his eyes before taking it.

A soft smile then formed a little on his lips again as he presumably began to read, his eyes darting across the page, scanning each and every word. And then after a full minute had passed, he slowly lifted his head and handed it back over to me with a gentle chuckle.

————

(IF ON RADFORDS ROUTE)

"Heh.. this is really good. Y'know, it kinda reminds me of something Radford would write." Ethan remarked, his smooth tone being tinted with a little bit of endearment as he spoke Radfords name.

I arch a brow, puzzled. "Really?"

"Yeah. Well, you two are childhood friends and all that—so I wouldn't be surprised if you had some similarities." Ethan shrugged.

"Ha.." I laugh weakly. "I don't think we're that similar.. if anything, I'd say we have completely different personalities."

"Mm—maybe. But, hey. You never know. Maybe you guys have a lot more in common than you'd think." Ethan chuckles. "With the way he talks about you, you both seem to care about eachother as much as the other does."

I let out a small hum. Maybe he was right.

Ethan then cocks his head to the side, and speaks in a light-hearted manner. "But, hey.. I could just be reading into it too much." He then adds, "Radford seems like he's more into exciting stuff no matter what kinda theme it is though—sad, angry, happy. Just give it a bit of an action, and you'll have something he'd like. So that's the kinda feeling I get from your script.."

"In any case though, I'm sure you'll be doing a lot of experimenting with your own script-writing."

"Yeah, probably.. it might take me a bit to get used to it though." I reply.

"Well, yeah—but thats not really a problem either. What matters is you find whatever style suits you best instead of trying to write in a style that pleases other people. After all—it's not like you're trying to impress any of us or anything." Ethan added the last part jokingly.

I only nervously laughed in return. "..hah.. yeah.."

"Anyway—why don't I share you my script now?" Ethan asks.

"Oh, right.. uh.. sure.." I awkwardly say. I then reach out my hand as Ethan slowly slips the paper over to me, and once I grip it in my hands, I begin to read it.

————

(IF ON RICKS ROUTE)

Ethan smiles. "Geez, man. Didn't expect for you to go for something so dark. It's actually really good."

I nervously laugh, resisting the urge to ask him what that was supposed to mean. "Well, I doubt it.. compared to everyone else, I'd say it sounds like I put the least effort into this."