43: An Awkward Fīrśt Meeting!

"So.." The man with jet black hair approaches—the slight fluff of it bouncing as he swiftly walks toward me. Arching a brow, he says, "..is this a new friend of yours or something? I don't think I remember you having that much friends outside of us and those other people you live with."

"Well.. kinda." Ethan shrugs. "I knew them in high-school, so—"

"So.. what? Are you like dating them or something..? Why are you being so vague?"

"I—what? No, we—" I stammer in reply, though a voice then interrupts me.

"Kevin.."

The larger man with brown hair mumbles that in a monotone voice, though his tone is tinted with a rather scolding manner of speaking. In response, the man apparently named Kevin raised a brow. "Wh—What? I was just saying.."

"Anyway.." Ethan says with a nervous smile, chuckling a little. "This one with the pink shirt over here is Kevin.. and the one over here with the gray shirt is Rick. He's actually the Vice President of this club."

"...hey." Rick blankly said with a simple wave, his eyes remaining on the floor.

"Uhh.. well, it's nice to meet you two.." I say with an awkward laugh. I feel a little overwhelmed with these two just staring at me like this. It was pretty hard to keep my cool around such cute boys.

"So—now as for why they're here.." Ethan smirks, setting his hand on my shoulder. "I happened to run into them at a mall, and they decided it'd be fun to go ahead and check out the club for themself! And—"

"Wai—Wait, hold on.." Kevin cut in with a wave of his hands—as if he were about to ask Ethan to repeat himself. "If you were gonna bring them over, why didn't you tell me?"

"I.. well, I only just ran into them.. I wasn't really thinking about telling you guys."

Kevin paused with a frown, before letting out a groan. "Geez.. guess we don't mean that much to you after all.." He mumbles.

"Hm?"

"Uhh—nothing. Just.. tell me next time you bring someone, okay? That's the only reason I really bring snacks sometimes in the first place."

Rick then took a step foward, offering with a neutral frown, "..I can go get them the soda I brought here if you want."

Despite Rick clearly talking to Kevin, Ethan laughed softly as if Rick were speaking to him. "That'd be perfect, Rick!" He then turned his head toward me with a soft—yet almost hesitant smirk on his lips. "Here.. you can go ahead and sit down at that table over there while Rick gets everything."

"..um.. okay.." I shrug.

I then walk toward the small table in the center of the room—aat perfectly upon a simple rug. I sit in one of the spots, and let out a sigh as my body relaxes into a sitting formation. Ethan takes a seat next to me, while Kevin sits across the table from him. Rick shuffles into a corner, presumably grabbing the soda's.

"So.. I know you didn't really plan on coming here, but I'll try making this welcoming enough for you, okay?" Ethan says softly, turning to look at me with a smirk. "I'm the President after all, so it's kinda my responsibility.."

Arching a brow, I replied. "..uhh.. thanks. Y'know, it must be pretty hard to start something like this. Especially with so few members."

"I guess you could say that. But.. honestly, I don't really care how little members the club has. Everything here is fine just the way it is. With how few people there are here, I'd say it just makes events like the upcoming theater festival pretty easy.." Ethan said. "I'm sure as the years go by, this club will grow if I end up inviting some more people. And I'm perfectly content with having more people joining so long as it doesn't turn into anything more serious than it should."