7: Watchimg A Romance Movie!

————

KEVIN ROUTE PT 0.1

I stand in the middle of the tiny but somehow surprisingly spacious club-room, wondering what I should do to pass the time while waiting for actual club activities to begin. Radford and Ethan were chatting away with eachother, while Rick seemed to just be minding his own business. And Kevin had went out of the club-room to go search for something seemingly, leaving the door kinda open when he did.

..Kevin. I find my mind wondering to him—pondering what he might be even searching for, or if he might need a hand. After all, he's taking a lot longer than I thought he would. And admittedly, I did kinda wanna make him less skeptical of me since he did seem like a really cool guy.

Slowly turning on my heel and not wanting to make a scene, I walked toward the door, feeling the artificial light from outside brush against my eyes as I stepped onto the red floor—and left off without saying a word to any of the three club members who were still inside.

————

The sound of the commute from the few people who were here with me got even more distant as I approached the other hall. I wasn't exactly sure where Kevin went, and I was only gonna keep searching the halls until I did. Or maybe if I didn't find him, I'd just go into the movie-rooms and see if he went in one of those. But wouldn't those have been locked by now?

The only scent in the air is the stale popcorn from the machine, and the soda's within the fridge behind the counter. I could practically feel my mouth watering from the tempting scent of buttered popcorn, but that temptation quickly vanished once I finally saw Kevin's figure in the distance.

Kevin looked to be rummaging through something with a frustrated frown on his face, his arms shifting rapidly as he practically forced himself into what looked to be a tiny spare closet at the end of the hallway. Slowly, I walk up behind him—wanting to see if he needed any sort of assistance with how harshly he was searching for whatever it was.

"Uh.. hey—"

"Wah!"

Kevin yelps, turning his head like an owl the moment he heard my voice. His eyes widened as he looked at me—though upon recognizing I was the source of the sound, he let out a groan of realization. "Oh.. it's you." He grumbled in a slightly irritated manner.

I blinked a little, before scratching the back of my head. "Uh.. yeah, I guess it is." Silence fills the air, and Kevin's eyes drift to the floor, before I attempt to fill the awkwardness of the scene with my own speech.

"..what.. are you doing?"

Kevin sighs. "I'm looking for something.. I'm guessing Ethan put it somewhere without telling me again."

"Oh.. what.. what are you searching for?"

"Ugh.. some of those movies I was talking about earlier." Kevin replies, rummaging around still. "Y'know, I, uh.. I keep them here sometimes."

I pause, before trying to fill the silence again. "..do you want any help?"

"No, I think I got this.." Kevin says in an unintentionally dismissive tone as he continues to rummage around, before pausing, and finally smiling calmly. "Ah.. there it is!" Slowly from the closet, he pulls out what looks to be some kind of movie DVD with a pretty girl on the cover and some bright saturated colors in the background. He then takes a step inside, before slipping it in somewhere.

I can't help but stare still, my mouth hanging open a little as I think about the cover in the book. Kevin admitted to being more into sappy movies, right? Maybe the movie DVD was one of those. Though I'm quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Kevin shoots me a slightly stern glare.