38: Spending The Weekend With Rick!

(IF ON RICKS ROUTE)

After a few hours there, I eventually leave Radfords house and give him (and his family) one last goodbye before heading to my vehicle. Though as I walk to it, I still feel a little uneasy—and I frown to myself thinking about what he just said.

Would he be okay? I mean.. he seemed kinda paranoid. Maybe I could try convincing him to talk to a therapist about it or something.

Either way, I didn't really have time to think about it right now. Radford didn't want me to cancel my preparations with Rick, so it was probably best I brushed it off for now.

Once I got to the car door that led to the driver's seat, I unlocked the door with my key, and slipped inside so I could drive back to my house.

————

"Eh..?"

I slow down my car—noticing something that makes my heart slightly beat with panic. As I park next to the driveway of my house, I notice another vehicle parked on it, and a certain figure standing calmly by it—slowly turning to glance over at me.

Once I park, I immediately get out of my car, and anxiously say with a wobbly frown, "Sh—Shit—Rick?! Sorry! I didn't know you'd get here so early!"

"..its okay." I can barely hear Rick say as I walk around my car, and toward him as he stands upon the driveway.

"You.. you weren't just waiting here, were you?" I breathily ask—feeling myself begin to become anxious just thinking about it.

"..no. I just got here."

"Oh.. well, sorry about that. If I had known you'd be coming this early, I would have hurried back here."

"It's okay."

I then feel my eyes linger toward his hands. He appears to be carrying a bag of some kind—with supplies like pens, colors, papers. It seemed he managed to get everything we needed. I weakly smiled at that.

"Looks like you got everything.." I chuckled. "Here—why don't we head inside? I have everything I bought in my room, so we can just get started in there."

"..okay." Rick says flatly.

"Do.. you need any help carrying that?"

"No. It's fine. Let's just go in."

————

"..it's really clean in here."

Rick says that as we slowly head inside of my room—and I only nervously laugh in return, sheepishly scratching the back of my head. "Yeah.. I decided to clean before you came over. Didn't want it to be a mess when I had a friend here.."

"Oh.." Rick pauses, standing still. "Well.. thanks. You didn't really need to do that though. I don't think I would have cared either way."

"Na—Nah.. its fine. Cleaning actually feels kinda good anyway." I shrug. But my eyes immediately widen with panic and my face flushes warmly when I notice him heading toward a drawer.

"Ah—wait! Don't.. don't look in there. It's—uhh.."

"..why?"

"Just—just don't, okay?"

Rick arches a brow, but quickly retracts his hand and shrugs. "..okay."

"Uh.. well.. now that you're here.." I sigh, "How about we get started?"

"..okay." Rick says. He then lifts his bag up, and says with a neutral frown, "..I'll work on the decorations and the stuff I brought for the atmosphere."