20: Sharing With Kevin! PT. 0.2

(IF ON KEVINS ROUTE)

As Kevin's eyes scan over my script, he clenches the paper in his hands and his pupils keep sheepishly glancing to me for a few seconds before looking back down at the paper. I can see a darkening shade of something red slowly fading into his cheeks as he continues to grumble beneath his breath with a tight frown on his lips.

"Ugh.." Kevin sighs.

"..is.. is it that bad.. or?.." I ask, sounding uncertain of how he was feeling.

"It's—no, its not. I just.." Kevin let's out a groan again, wiping a palm over his stern face. His stern brows then raise a little, and his hard glaring eyes soften. "Look, it's good, okay? It's.. really good, actually. I just.. this wasn't supposed to.. this wasn't how I thought it would go."

"..what do you mean?" I inquired, confused.

"It's just—I.." Kevin hesitates, his face darkening with an even deeper red shade. "..nevermind. Don't worry about it."

I pause. Clearly, he was struggling to speak. Awkwardly—I tried to take hold of the conversation. "Well, if it helps.. I—I'm glad you like it. I was actually—y'know, trying to.." I hesitated, "..well, when I was writing the script, I was thinking about what you said last time. I wanted to try writing more like you because I.. uhh.."

I could see Kevin staring back at me with slightly widened eyes—his cheeks still red. I then finally decided to just get it out, and reluctantly stated with a flushed face, "..because I—I wanted to try impressing someone like you. I think.. I think you're a great writer, and I wanted to.. uhh.."

Kevin continues to look back at me—his eyes becoming even smaller as if the shock of the realization had hit him all at once. With great force all of the sudden, Kevin practically shoves my script back into my hands. And before I can respond, he awkwardly says to me with his voice cracking, "I.. I'm gonna go use the bathroom!"

My eyes linger on Kevin as he then proceeds to practically speed out of the room, his feet stomping on the ground. And once he approaches the door, he swings it open and marches outside. Had I said the right thing? I didn't make him feel weirded out or anything, did I?

As I'm left alone with my thoughts for a brief moment—standing in shock at what had just occured, I see a familiar figure poke his head out from one of the corners and speak to me.

"Uhh.. is Kevin okay?" Ethan asks, arching a brow as he holds the paper of his script close to his chest.

"Um.. ye—yeah.. I think he just.." I struggle to get it out. How was I supposed to tell Ethan that I was trying to impress someone like Kevin?

Ethans stare lingers on me for a few moments as I stammer—but as if realizing what happened the moment his eyes caught sight of the script Kevin shoved back into my hands, he smirks and let's out a slight chuckle.

"Oh.. haha.. okay, I see what you're doing." Ethan smugly says, his brow still arched. "You know, it's only been a few days. Don't you think it's a little early to be trying to impress him?"

My heart practically pounds in my chest. How did he know what was going on just by looking? I glance back down at the script and then at him. "Well, I, uh.. he just—I don't.. nn.." The thoughts swirled in my head, and I could practically feel my vision starting to blurry from how deep in flustered shock I was.

"Hey!"

As if re-appearing out of nowhere, Kevin suddenly springs back into the club-room and approaches me. Or he at least walks up to my side while looking directly at Ethan—his frown not fading. "It's not time to share scripts with them yet! What do you think you're doing?" He chides with his hands on his hips, as if he were a mother scolding his child.