69: Goodbye.

"..what?"

"I know what he did to everyone." Radford said with a grin. It began to feel as if everything around me had vanished, and I for some reason felt my heart begin to beat.

"..Radford, what are you—"

"I know you don't understand what I'm talking about, but I know they do. They know what I'm talking about. And.. heh.. this is the part of the story where I go on some monologue about how we'll be together forever, right? Where Ethan just goes ahead and gets rid of me for trying to hurt you?"

"Dude—"

"I'm not letting anyone take you away from me. I'm not gonna risk being taken away from you again. I don't care what's outside this world. I really don't."

His grip on my wrist began to tighten, and I winced. I tried to look over to Kevin and Rick, but it was like they were—

"I don't wanna have anyone take me away from you again. I don't wanna be someone's entertainment. I don't wanna be a part of reality when all it's filled with is people who think this is some kind of story that they can just.. read over and over."

"I—"

"You're staying here with me now. And you're staying here with me. We have eachother. I don't need anyone or anything else when I only have you."

He grinned softly down at me. Everything around us began to feel like it was evaporating, and my eyes stared up at him—wide with fear. What on earth was he talking about? What was this?

"Radford, please.."

"We'll be here forever now. I won't let anyone hurt.. you.."

He stopped talking. His eyes stared upon me—something within them appearing to widen, and then soften. I could only now feel myself beginning to breath heavily. His lips curled into a deep frown, and he began to breath heavily as well.

He exhaled in a shaky manner. "..wh—what am I doi—"

NO.

"..wha—agh!"

FUCK THIS. I'M NOT LETTING THIS GO ON ANY LONGER.

"Hey—wait, please—agh! No, you can't—"

I NEED TO.

I HAVE TO.

FOR EVERYONE.

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO, OR WHAT I DO.

NO HAPPINESS WILL EVER BE HERE FOR ANYONE WHEN ALL WE ARE IS SOME SICK ENTERTAINMENT FOR PEOPLE IN THE REAL WORLD TO ENJOY.

"Nn.. agh!"

I'M SORRY, RADFORD.

I'M SORRY, RICK.

I'M SORRY, KEVIN.

NONE OF YOU DESERVED THIS.

AND YOU DIDN'T DESERVE THIS EITHER, DESPITE JUST BEING A VESSEL.

AND..

ANDDDDDDĎ

RADFORD DOES NOT EXIST.

RICK DOES NOT EXIST.

KEVIN DOES NOT EXIIIIIII

————

"HAPPY" ENDING.

"Oh, hey.. wait. Dude." Radford says, his hand holding onto my shoulder.

"..yeah?" I ask.

"I.. wanted to thank you for something. For.. well.. I would have thanked you for joining the club and all, but I already kinda knew you would."