63: Ethan's Eternity.

TW // DEREALITY, SUICIDE, VOMIT/EMETOPHOBIA, DEATH.

"...hahh.. ahah.."

Rick breathed heavily at my answer, a mild laugh leaving his mouth as he still held onto my shoulder, and onto my wrist. I winced at his grasp, looking down at my lap away from his gaze. I didn't know what was gonna happen next. So it was better to brace for whatever he'd do than to just sit there.

But.. then his grip softened.

I looked up—his eyes were still wide as they looked at me, and his lips remained parted. Only slight exhales left his mouth now. For a few moments, he just.. looked at me. And I looked back. Silence filled the room.

Rick then released his grip on my shoulder, and on my wrist. He remained kneeling down, just looking at me.

"..Rick..?" I uttered. I didn't know what he was doing. Or what he was about to do.

Rick didn't say a word. His eyes then darted to behind the box—where a shelf was sitting. He stared and stared, until his arm dove foward into the shelf, and—he gripped onto something shiny and slipped it out. Something big, and sharp.

A knife.

I felt my heart begin to beat, and I immediately felt my survival instincts kick in. I backed away as far as I possibly could. My mind screamed at me to run. But he didn't even look at me as I backed away. Well.. he sort of did. He only gave me a glance, before looking back down at it.

"Ple—wait, please.." I begged. I only now realized I was beginning to cry.

"..." He didn't respond. Instead, he twisted the knife in his hands, slowly lifted it upward—and dove it not toward me, but.. himself.

I flinched. A splatter of blood left his head as the knife pierced his forehead—breaking the skin and twisting deeply inside. Rick's arms somehow managed to pull the knife out, revealing the fatal injury he had marked onto himself.

His eyes remained looking up at the ceiling—no breaths left his mouth. I watched with my mouth hanging open. The last thing I ever saw on his face was an expression of shock, before his head plummeted to the floor along with his body, and a pool of dark red liquid began to spill out.

Blood. I knew it was blood. The sight of it made me shudder. I wanted.. I didn't know what I wanted. I couldn't stop looking at what just happened. It felt like I couldn't move. I didn't even know if I could move. I felt my hands clench.

All I could do was stare.

————

I was still there.

The blood seemed darker now—it was only just a dry stain. No longer wet. Rick hadn't moved. I could smell a foul odor coming from him, and the blood that was splattered from beneath his head. I didn't know why I hadn't moved. I wanted to.

But all I could do was stare.

————

I was.. still there.

The blood seemed as if it were a deep black now. His skin was.. unordinarily pale. The foul odor coming from his body remained in the air. I didn't even have enough energy to even hyperventilate or do anything anymore.

All I could do was stare.

————

ªÂÅÃÆ

"Ugh.. finally." Kevin spoke as he walked into the door, a single hand on his hip. "I didn't know how much more waiting until the festival I was gonna have to do." His eyes then flickered toward me. "..hey, wait, what are you—doing.."