21: Sharing with Rick! PART 0.2

(IF ON RICKS ROUTE)

Ricks eyes scan over my script, and as per usual, his expression doesn't exactly change. Though with every passing minute of his silence as I awkwardly stand before him, his gaze appears to soften with something I couldn't exactly describe. His neutral frown still remained on his face, but appeared to soften a little as well.

After a few seconds, Rick lifts his head and reaches his arm toward me, handing my paper back. Awkwardly, I take the paper, before Rick speaks in his same monotone manner. Blankly, he says, "..this one's okay."

"U—Uh.. thanks. Heh.." I tried to laugh, unsure of what that meant. "I tried going off of what you told me yesterday. You're—You're a really talented writer, so.. uhh.."

Rick's expression still didn't falter. I became quiet for a moment, glancing down at the floor. Why couldn't I ever just sound normal for once? After a few seconds, Rick speaks again, looking off to the side.

"..I'm not really used to this."

"..huh? What do you mean?"

"..being seen like this. I don't think anyone's ever actually liked my writing as much as you have."

"...really? I find that kinda hard to believe."

"Well.. its true."

"..we—well, I mean.. I don't.. agh, sorry.. I'm—I'm not good at talking when my thoughts are—"

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything."

"..huh?"

Rick still speaks with a frown, but his cheeks darken a bit with a flush as he takes a step foward—his body looming over mine. "You don't have to say anything." He says again. I go silent, feeling my face start to become warm.

"..if you want, I can share my script with you now." Rick suggests.

"O—Oh, right.." I had forgotten it was his turn by now. I then clear my throat as he slowly reaches his arm foward, holding out his paper. Awkwardly, I take the paper in my free hand, before I lift it to where my eyes can read. My eyes then began to dart across the paper, scanning each line.

————

(IF ON KEVINS ROUTE)

As Rick's eyes scan over the paper, his expression hardly changes. Though after a while, I see his eyes slowly starting to glance toward me instead of the paper. I awkwardly rub my arm with my hand—my frown becoming wobbly. I swear, I could never really tell what he was thinking or if something was wrong.. it wasn't his fault of course. But.. just.. ugh.. it was hard to describe.

After a few seconds, Rick speaks—his tone not changing. "..are you mad about what happened yesterday?"

"..what?"

"You know.. the fight I had Kevin. Your writing style is kinda like his."

Silence fills the air—I'm unsure how to respond. Rick speaks again. "..I think I know why you took his side yesterday now. You felt disrespected when I acted the way I did toward what he wrote, because yours was kinda like his."

"Wh—Wha—no, that's—"

"..its fine if that's what it was. I should have said sorry to you too. I should.. probably be apologizing now." Rick hesitates, "..I'm.. sorry about yesterday. I didn't know your writing style was this much like his. I should have noticed earlier—I hurt your feelings without even knowing."

"I.." I didn't know how to respond. I wasn't sure how to convince him that wasn't what it was, but.. the least I could do was try, right? "No.. it's—it's fine. That's not really what it was anyway. I think we all got a little heated yesterday when that happened. If anything, I should be apologizing for not handling that the way I should have. And—And I didn't feel hurt at all. I just felt like it was a bit of a misunderstanding between you both is all.."