Chapter 3

....Listen, I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home, in my own home
And I've tried and tried
To say what's on my mind
You should have known....

~~LISTEN~beyonce 

_____________________________________________________________

Rukayya's P.O.V

The most annoying sound in the whole world woke me up, My stupid alarm.

I quickly turned it off and muttered my morning adhkar. It was quarter past five. After some minutes i heard the adhan (calling of prayer) of fajr being called. Sighing, I went straight to the bathroom and performed ablution quickly so that i could get the jam'i (congregation), the mosque shared the same wall with Ya husna's house and the speakers were loud and clear, so it was easy for me to pray along with the mosque.

Fifften minutes later I was done. I took the qur'an (muslim holy book) that was laying on the side bed. Starting with suratul fatiha, i opened suratul Taha, my favorite surah and started reading it with the best qira'a i have got.

"Sadaqallahul azeem." I said once I was done. It was already ‪6:30am‬ then. I cupped my hands and recited some dua's before hopping back into my bed.

In a trice, i fell back into a deep slumber.

****

"Wake up." Ya husna said pulling my blanket.

I held it tight to my body, "Please let me sleeeppp, its just ‪10am‬, why do you hate me so much.?" I muttered dragging the cover over my face.

It was merely ‪10 o'clock‬ in the morning, what the dolphin did she want?? Ughhh!!!

"We are having a visitor, a very important visitor and this very important visitor is coming in one and a half hour, so you better get your lazy butt out of this bed and get ready." She announced, still pulling the cover.

Ya rabbi!!

I reluctantly surrendered and sat up on the bed.

She headed towards the door then suddenly stopped and turned, "And yeah please go and help the maid with some things, you should make the zobo or kunun aya (hausa traditional drinks). I love the way you make yours."

Ya salam!! What exactly had i done??

"Who is this visitor and why is the visitor very important?" I asked, annoyed.

She shrugged, "You will see as soon as the visitor arrives, okay?"

Winking,  she closed the door slowly and i buried my face in my palms.

She is really something else!

I let out a heavy sigh and strode to the bathroom.

***

"Finally!" I exclaimed happily as i put in the last bottle of zobo into the refrigerator.

I had to make the samosa and masa myself because ya husna's maid didn't know how to make them and now I was knackered as hell, how amazing.

I sluggishly went straight to my bathroom and showered. Once out and moisturized, I donned a purple and black striped gown with puff sleeves and tied a black veil on my head, no makeup just natural, love keeping it simple.

****

Al amin's P.O.V

I looked at myself in the full length mirror before me, to see if everything was in place. I adjusted my zanna bukar cap which went well with my sky blue kaftan, giving a princely look, I gave myself a pat on the back.

I quickly wore my Michael kors watch, shoved my wallet into my pocket and sprayed my favorite perfume on myself before taking one last glance at the mirror.

I walked out of my hotel room and got into my black mercedez benz CLA 45.

You guys must be wondering where i was heading to, well, Ya husna called me yesterday asking whether i could come and have lunch in her house. I rejected at first but she insisted, so here i was heading to her crib.

I honked as i halted in front of the big iron gates. The gateman quickly opened the gates, greeting me. She must have told him she was going to have a visitor.

I parked and dialed her number.

She picked after two rings, "Hello! are you here? Just wait for me alright? I'm coming in a jiffy."

"Alright." I replied and hung up.

I heaved a breath and hopped out of the car when i suddenly remembered something, someone rather. That annoying girl, Ya husna's sister. Ruqayyah!!

I still couldn't believe she was the 14year old girl i knew before i went to canada, now all grown up and mouthy. She wasn't much of a talker before, not that we even talked, but what happened now?

'Time flies so fast' I thought silently.

She changed a lot..

"Hello Al amin, I'm really happy you came, let's go inside its kinda sunny out here." Ya husna's voice brought me out of my trance.

I smiled, took her daughter Ihsan in my arms and trailed behind her.

We entered a beautifully furnished living room and after we exchanged pleasantries and chitchatted a bit, she rose up to her feet, "I will be right back."

I smiled, "Take your time"

Ihsan quickly ran to the tv stand and took a photo frame before happily handing it to me, pointing at herself in the picture with her tiny index finger.

"Look at me when i was 2years old, i used to be fat, Aunty ruqayyah nicknamed me fatty bombom, i cried whenever she called me that."

I couldn't help but chuckle, looking at the picture, she was indeed fat but cute.

She pouted, "Why are you laughing, do i look funny?"

I raised my brows, at six the kid was too smart and mouthy for her age, guess she got the chattiness from her aunt. My raised brows slowly went down and I smiled, "No darling you were really cute and see, you're not fat anymore and guess what? you're way prettier than her." I winked.

"Really?" She grinned, revealing her two missing front teeth.

"Now tell me about your friends, how many do you have?"

She smiled, her adorable dimples winking out, "I have many, but my BFF is nasma my second BFF is Nutella, third is my barbie doll called Missie and then Aunty rukky."

I laughed, "Wow! you've got so many BFF's, but i want to be your first, is that possible?"

She nodded grinning from ear to ear, "Yes"

I gave her my hand and we did a high five.

After some minutes Ya husna walked into the living room and held ihsan's hand, "Talkative, yalla we shall leave now its time for islamiyya (islamic school)"

Then she turned to look at me, "I will be back soon okay? I will just go drop her and collect something from a friend, they will bring the food now, make sure you eat to your heart's content. Make yourself at home."

We laughed before they walked out, of course, ihsan complaining that she didn't want to go. I wasn't that good with kids but we were going along pretty well with her.

Some minutes passed by before a maid came in and dropped some warmers on the glistening glass table in front of me. And i could already feel the aroma of masa filling my nostrils.

The moment i looked up from my phone, i saw a beautiful lady coming in. Well... it was her side view but i could tell she was beautiful.

I lowered my gaze as she dropped something on the table just like the maid did. I didn't know why but my head instinctively jerked up.

It was her... Ruqayyah..

She looked extremely beautiful in that...

'Shut up!' The voice inside my head yelled.

The surprised look on her face made me smirk.

*****

Rukayya's P.O.V

"Rukky!" Ya husna's voice came from downstairs.

"Na'am gani nan (Yes, I'm coming)" I quickly dropped the book i was reading and jogged downstair.

I found her holding a tray that held some fruits, they were sliced so fine, my mouth immediately watered.

I reached for a banana but Ya husna was quick to hit my hand away, "Whatcha doing? Baki san na bako bane? (Don't you know it is for the guest?) there are many fruits in the kitchen, go and take anything you want."

I rolled my eyes, "I just don't know why this visitor is so special."

She smashed my head playfully and gently dragged me by my arm, "Baby sis."

I raised my eyebrows, she only called me 'baby sis' when she needed something or a favor. Yes, apart from being annoying, she was also manipulative.

She nudged her shoulder with mine, "Do a favor to your beloved sister and give this tray..." She handed me the tray and continued, "To my special guest, i will just go drop ihsan to islamiyya I won't stay long I promise, just go and take this to him and of course don't let him be bored."

I let out a deep sigh.

She's really impossible.

I unwrapped my veil and draped it around my body before heading to the parlor. Muttering a salam, I walked straight to the table in front of him.

The moment I lifted my head up, our eyes locked.

Omgggggggg!! What the fish Is this guy doing in here?

My phone ringtone jerked me out of my trance. It was ya husna.

Still shocked, I turned and picked the call, "Hello."

"Baby sis please and please don't leave al amin all alone and i repeat don't let him be bored, entertain him, you know, you can just gist or turn on the tv or.. I don't know just don't let him be bored, i trust you my baby sis..."

"Ya husna I am no entertainer to entertain your guest." I whisper-yelled through the phone.

"Come on Rukky, do this for me. Please." She pleaded.

"Okay okay don't worry your special guest won't be bored and he won't be left all alone, alright I understand." I hung up before she got the chance to utter anything that would piss me off more.

If only i knew this was the 'special guest' she was talking about, I wouldn't have wasted my precious time cooking for him. Or maybe I would, with a rat poison.

I perched myself down on the couch which was at the corner of the parlor and dialed ameela's number.

"Hello there." She shouted from the other end and i quickly moved the phone away from my ear.

I almost thought she destroyed my eardrums until I heard her laugh loudly, i let out an air of relief, "Please remind me why I'm best friend with a donkey headed girl like you, ughhh you sure are annoying you almost destroyed my eardrums."

She chuckled, "You should thank Allah then, I didn't."

I groaned, "Stupid girl."

Hey habeebtysss,
I hope y'll are doing great.

I hope you liked this chapter. Please don't forget to vote and comment

Lots of love💕💕

Ruru❤️