Chapter 17

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missing home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go

~~LET HER GO~~ Passenger.
___________________________________________________________________

Rukayya's P.O.V

First semester was over. I swerved through all my exams Alhamdulillah but of course with the help of yasmee and zahra. I was back to Abuja for the semester break. I missed mama and baba so much but it was really sad that Ameela wouldn't come. I missed yasmeen too.

Baba went to his office and mama just left for her friend's daughter wedding. I was in no mood for any wedding that was why I didn't follow her but now i was starting to regret. I should've followed her, at least i would meet some people, laugh, chat, eat, tease. God! Why didn't i follow her?

I turned on the tv and flipped through some channels but there was nothing interesting to watch at all. Sighing i stood and moved upstairs to my room. Once there, i spotted my MacBook and happiness suddenly overshadowed my anxiety. I could Skype with ya husna and I won't be bored again.

Grinning i placed the laptop on my study table and got on Skype. My humongous grin became bigger when i saw her online.

"Ummul ihsan, you've totally forgotten about your baby sister" i said faking a hurt look. She rolled her eyes at me "Who told you so? Wallah i wanted to call you but i was sick for the past 2weeks"

"What.. What's wrong with you? Did you go to the hospital?" I asked at once, panicking. She really was sick, she had bags, paled skin and kind of lost weight, you could tell even from the screen, she looked utterly ridiculous.

She rolled her eyes again "Chill out Drama queen, its nothing serious. Just a headache and nausea?" she said well more like asked.

"Did you go to the hospital?" I questioned and she simply shook her head.

"Why? You're sick and you don't even bother to go check up" i shook my head "Where is uncle mustapha, does he know that you're sick?"

"Why are you acting like you're the elder sister here? Of course he knows and we have an appointment with dr mansur today, i will undergo some tests. Don't worry i'd be fine in sha Allah" she reassured with a smile. Wait did she say headache and nausea?? Is shee???

"Ya husna are you pregnant?" I asked suspiciously with widened eyes, as if she had committed the biggest crime.

She started laughing and I instantly frowned, "IM SERIOUS YOU MIGHT BE PREGNANT" i shouted, feeling excited.

"I'm not 'pregnant' girl" she emphasized the 'pregnant' and continued "So you better keep shut before mustapha hears that word because when he does we're definitely going to the hospital right this minute and i know I'm not pregnant its probably malaria or something"

I just nodded but internally praying for her to be pregnant.

"So where is my baby?" I asked since she didn't want to divulge further on the 'pregnancy' topic.

"She went out with shafa" she answered. Shafa'atu was uncle mustapha's youngest sister, she was of ya husna's age, cool, pretty and silent unlike talkative ya husna. I really like the woman.

We talked for 10mins more before ya husna decided to go offline but of course not before making her to promise me that she would tell me the result after she gets tested. I sighed, at least she cheered me up albeit she was kind of quiet today which was unusual of her.