Chapter 19

Al amin's P.O.V

"You know, my mother hooked me up with another guy last week and I rejected. God! I don't get why she wants me to get married this early, I'm just 21years for Crying out loud" Deeju complained. Such a kvetch she is. Seriously I didn't want to tell her but i was already getting tired of her complains.

Last two months she came to me complaining about how her mother kept hooking her up with some men who she doesn't have interest in.

'Find a man of your choice and she won't disturb you again' I had said but she still complained.

She brought out her phone from her satchel and stood beside me. "Look at this" she said pointing at the screen. It was a picture of five girls dabbing, the next picture too. I laughed "Subhanallah this dab thing has turned into madness. People nowadays are so crazy, faruq showed me a picture yesterday, two girl dabbing in the makkah masjid, it was really crazy how could you dance in a mosque?" I looked up and realized Deeju wasn't even listening, her eyes were on something behind me. I turned to see what she was staring at and i immediately furrowed my eyebrows. It was Ruqayyah walking out of the hall, i couldn't see her face property but i could tell she looked quite angry.

"Whats wrong with her?" I asked no one particularly.

"Ahh i.. I agree with you, wallahi people are just so crazy" Deeju said shaking her head. She went on telling me about her last vocation in Jos but I wasn't even listening, my mind was totally somewhere else, i kept asking myself what was wrong with Ruqayyah.

"Are you even listening?" Deeju snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"You know what? I will be right back" i said and quickly ran out of the building. I stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted her in the rain.

"Is she okay?" I murmured under my breath and hastily ran to where she was standing.

"What are you doing here?" I asked when i halted in front of her.

She opened her eyes and gasped, obviously startled.

I saw her shoulder relaxed before she tsk-ed and without uttering a word, she slowly closed her eyes shot again.

"I think you didn't realize but its raining heavily" I said as the heavy rain beat down on me, my clothes were already soaked.

"Go away" she snapped harshly.

"Wh... Lets get out of here and talk"

"I said go away"

"Why are you so stubborn? look, you might catch cold"

"Just leave me alone"

"I'm not going to do that, I'm not going to leave you alone" I said solemnly.

"Stop acting like you actually care" She snapped bitterly as some strands of her already soaked hair stuck across her face "Just leave me alone and go back from where you came"

I raised my eyebrows at her "What are you talking about?"

"You know better" she let out an exasperated huff and continued "Calling you darling, going out with you after this dinner.. I don't get all this"