Chapter 23

Here goes yasmii's photo above! This is how i imagine her👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾

Hold your breaths guyssss!

Ruqayyah's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of beeps, i was in an all white room and the smell of medicines overwhelmed me. I blinked for a few minutes and tried to sit but quickly laid back as my head surge with pain.

I closed my eyes, inhaled and opened them one more time. My vision was now clear.

It took me some seconds to finally realize where i was. I was in a hospital.

How did i get here?

I looked up and saw a doctor, he too was staring at me.

"Welcome back" He smiled and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Can you please tell me your name?" He asked with a smile.

I frowned. Is this guy for real?? Why would he ask me my name?

"Ruqayyah" I answered.

"What about that?" He questioned, pointing at something beside me. I turned and saw it was al amin. His hands were folded across his chest. He looked tensed.

What's happening? Why is he asking me such crazy questions?

"Al amin" I replied weakly, silently hoping he could just keep his mouth shut and ask me no more question.

"What is he to you?" He asked, again.

I sighed "He is my fiancé"

"Very good, Alhamdulillah she is very okay she just needs some more rest now" The doctor said to al amin, checked my chart and walked out of the room.

Wait. Why was i here in the first place?

Slowly, slowly everything got back to me. I quickly touched my forehead and felt a bandage wrapped around it. Oh my God!

I looked around the room and realized all eyes were on me. I swear i didn't even notice them. Did i say al amin is my fiancé in front of Abba, umma, hajia mama, mama and baba?... I'm sure my cheeks were now tinted pink.

They all moved closer to my bed.

"My baby" mama hugged me.

"How are you feeling?" She enquired over my shoulder.

"Fine mama, when did you come?"

She smiled "Yesterday"

Wow!

I nodded, masking my surprise and tried to sit but umma quickly stopped me by putting her hands on my shoulders "Don't try to get up, my dear. You need some more rest okay? or maybe you should eat first"