Chapter 35

This chapter is dedicated to you sissy Maryam_aminchi 💘 and we're missing you so much. You've to come back.... soon😞😞

"Ruqayyah oya wake up, you need to get ready" Anty shafa'atu spoke in a low voice.

She's been waking me up for the past 20minutes but it was all in vain. I was too tired because of the work we had yesterday. Running errands, a little battle with ya husna's tailor, booking for the photographer and the like. Thank God, anty shafa stayed to help. The house has been a little crowded for the past six days. And today, being the sunah day (naming ceremony), the 7th day, the house would probably look like a bomb's hit it.

Dada came on the 3rd day and I couldn't be more happier. If I wasn't with hajia mama, you'd probably see me with her. I always enjoy her company. Mama didn't come because in our tradition, Mothers normally don't go to their daughters naming ceremony. Unless they're shameless and immodest.

I heaved a deep breathe and took a quick glance at the clock. It was already 10am.

I jumped out of the bed and hopped into shower. Once i was through, i donned an atamfa fitted gown, which was sewed by hudayya and delivered to me just two days back.

 Once i was through, i donned an atamfa fitted gown, which was sewed by hudayya and delivered to me just two days back

Anty shafa was also slaying in her black and white atamfa.

She told me ummy, the makeup artist was already here

She told me ummy, the makeup artist was already here. My mind instantly drifted back to the time me and yasmeen were talking about Mrsbazza as the makeup artist i would hire for my wedding. Indeed, You plan and Allah plans. But truly He is the best of all Planners.

I nodded and walked out of the room. I entered the one adjacent to ya husna's, where hajia mama and dada were sitting. The house was already starting to corrupt into mega rush.