Chapter 36

Al amin's P.O.V

I love her.

I love her

I love her.

I could confidently shout these three words to the world. 

I had admitted after much persuasions. I realized she's the other half of me which means i simply cannot do without her. She had slipped under my skin, invaded my blood and seized my heart. She's the one! My missing rib! The apple of my eye!

When she smiles.

When she pouts.

When she grins.

When she laughs.

God! I've realized they're the most amazing things ever. I damned myself for not realizing since. She's an angel! My angel!

I paced back and forth in my room with my hands tucked in my pockets as her statement kept lingering in my mind.

'Well... I want him to prove it himself"

The day before the naming ceremony, i asked yasmeen to tell her how i feel about her and record everything with her phone recorder. She surprisingly agreed but of course i knew she wouldn't do it free of charge, she made me promise her that i would drive them to Katsina, so that i could meet up with Ruqayyah. I promised her without a second thought because at that moment i would do anything regardless of the price to let Ruqayyah know about how i feel towards her.

I've heard the recording for gazillion times ever since Yasmeen sent it to my phone. Her voice was just euphonious. I might sound like an insane person but what do you expect? She's the first love of my life of all my twenty seven good years. I should be crazier than this. She's driving me bonkers.

I have been thinking of a way to prove my love for her, since that day. It was like my brain was removed, covered throughly with metal and placed back. I couldn't find a way. Yasmeen and faruq have not been helping at all as they were always busy telling how in love they are with one another.

I sat on my bed and brought out my phone from my pocket. I'd try calling Ya sakina. I really hope she would help tho.

She picked up after four rings "Little brother"

"Ya sakina ummm..." I paused at a loss of words, feeling extremely nervous.

I could hear her chuckle from the other end "Say your mind, I'm all ears"

"Ahh. I just... Can you help me?" I finally came up with a sentence.

"Sure brother, go on"

"You see, I'm so in love with a girl but she wants me to prove it, can you tell me a way to like show her because i literally have no idea" I explained and she immediately burst into a series of laughter.

"Whats funny? I'm serious" I frowned.

"Al amin are you okay?" She said midst her laughter.

"Seriously ya sakina? Would i even call you if I wasn't?" I was starting to get frustrated. I was hoping she could help me out.