Chapter 13

Another update! Enjoyyyyyy!

Ruqayyah's P.O.V

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm. I blindly reached for the snooze button and turned it off.

Someone or something pulled my legs "Wayyo Allah" i shouted, startled.

My eyes opened wide as i sat straight at once when i saw yasmeen sitting at the edge of my bed. "Yasmeen" i said trying to make a straight face, she started to laugh hysterically.

"Don't ever do that again" i warned

"I'm really sorry, i didn't mean to scare you" she apologized and i just nodded.

"Look at the time its already 8:25, we don't wanna be late for our first lecture, now do we?" She said looking at her wristwatch.

It suddenly hit me, like a lightbulb. We are starting our first lecture today by 9:00am. Ya Allah! I'm so stupid. I quickly jumped out of the bed and hurriedly strolled to the bathroom not before murmuring a small sorry to yasmeen.

I took the quickest shower in history and dressed up in a black abaya, all ready to go.

Yasmeen insisted that i should eat something before we leave , but i told her it was okay, i can get something on our way or in the school cafeteria. Besides, we were already late.

She was the one that drove us to school and when we arrived it was already 8:55am. We quickly got out of the car and walked to the lecture hall and thanks to Allah the lecturer wasn't there yet. I sighted two empty desks at the middle of the hall.

"Hey, lets sit there" i said pointing at the two seats. Yasmeen nodded and we moved to the seats.

After some minutes the lecturer who seemed to be in his late 50's came in and instantly the hall went quiet.

He cleared his throat and started "Salamu Alaikum class, my name is Yusuf Umar but you can call me Prof. Yusuf, i will be taking you cost accounting from today in sha Allah. No eating no chewing no drinking in my class and if you're 5mins late don't even come near this hall because I'm not going to let you in, understood?"

The class all nodded.

'Strict' i thought to myself

The class ended after one and half hour. Thank God it wasn't that boring and Prof.Yusuf wasn't as strict as i thought, he joked time to time whenever the class starts to get boring. He was cool!

"Our next lecture is in 2 hours and then we can finally go home" Yasmeen spoke after we got out from the hall.

She looked at me then gasped "Oh God! Rukayya you haven't eaten anything, and I totally forgot to stop by when we were heading here, i got to find you something to eat"

By Allah i've forgotten that I didn't eat anything.

I placed a hand on her shoulder "Don't worry it wasn't your fault, we were both in a hurry and imagine what prof yusuf will do to us if we were late"

"In his first lecture" i added and we both laughed. "Why don't we go to the cafeteria?" I said rummaging through my handbag for my phone. She raised a finger "Give me just 5mins I'm just going to make a phone call".

"Take your time" i said and sat at a nearby bench.

Like she said, after 5mins she came back grinning from ear to ear. I furrowed my eyebrows "Whats that grin for?"

She shrugged that grin never leaving her face "Its nothing serious"

"Who did you speak with?, ah i get it Your boyfriend" i said, amused. Her eyes widened "Oh no I swear it wasn't my boyfriend, i.... God" she stammered her cheeks flushing. I chortled "There is nothing to be embarrassed about"