Chaptet 12

"Wake up sleepy head" baba shook me awake, I yawned "Okay". Our car halted in front of hajia mama's crib.

I hugged her tightly after we got out of the car "i mishhh you".

"I miss you too" She said before i pulled away and we all enterd the parlor. After a little talk i excused myself so that she and baba can converse.

I prayed dhur and lay down on the carpet. Everything will change now. University life, new friends, new environment, new everything.

*****************

Later around 5pm baba asked me to come and escort him somewhere. He took me to the ice cream shop, after paying for our ice cream we hopped into the car and stopped at Aunty hadiza's house (baba's cousin). Aunty hadiza was really happy to see us, we were welcomed with a lot of foods. Baba talked about how amazing her food is all the time.

Well i do agree to that.

Later on her eldest son came in, we had a small get together even though some of her daughters were in school.

We said our goodbyes and got into the car again. Baba said he's taking me somewhere important. I wanted to ask where but he gave me the 'no questions' look so i had to keep quiet.

After 15mins our car halted in front of a big mansion. The house looks familiar but I could not remember anything. "Where are we?" I asked baba intently after the gate opened by itself. We drove inside the house and park where the other cars were parked. The whole house screamed money.

"Alhaji tafida's house" he replied. "What?" I said a little loud, eyes widened. "What?" He asked, i just shook my head and gave a nonchalant shrug.

Seriously baba shouldn't have brought me with him. I wasn't even dressed properly, i wore a white shirt with some kisses on it and a black pencil skirt then a kimono at the top.

"Oh my God, they are here" i heard a voice, probably yasmeen's. We hopped out and i was right it was her. "Rukayya" She squealed in excitement and enveloped me in a hug. She greeted baba and i saw uncle muhammad and aunt fatima walking towards us.

Baba and uncle muhammad did a manly hug and i turned to greet aunt fatima, "Ina wuni?" I greeted shyly. She opened her arms for a hug, i hesitated for some seconds before i go for the opened arms. I greeted uncle muhammad after we pulled away and yasmeen dragged me inside the house.

We all settled in the beautifully furnished living room and in a matter of seconds snacks, drinks, sweets and fruits were displayed in front of me. Baba and uncle muhammad went to the other living room to talk. Aunt fatima insisted that i should eat something, so i took a slice of an apple.

"Where is al amin?" Aunt fatima asked yasmeen who was talking to me nonstop. "He went to faruq's house but he said he's not going to stay long".

Aunt fatima nodded "Its time for magrib, take rukayya to your room and pray" yasmeen nodded and we all stood up.

Al amin's P.O.V

I hopped out of my Audi A6 and locked the car. I noticed an unfamiliar car when i was walking towards the main door.

'Probably a visitor' i thought silently