chapter 6

Monday came so fast, and Darlington didn't seem to want it. He dragged himself to the bathroom, then to his room to dress up then to the dining to eat and somehow Dorothy was earlier than he was. He was dressed in a  lilac purple hoodie, and black jeans with lilac purple sneakers, his round shaped glasses. Dorothy was dressed in the girls middle school uniform, a black long sleeved uniform shirt and a black above tigh skirt with knee length sock and black vans. "Good morning" Darlington lazily said as he walked over to the dining, dragging himself as he took his seat beside his baby sister on the left, his father was on the masters chair, his mother to the right of their father and Delphia to her mother's right.

"What is wrong bear?" His mom asked, her voice low and calming. She was a woman in her mid 40s,  Her hair was a beautiful black, tied back in a loose bun and her eyes a deep blue.

"Its nothing mom" he replied playing with his food. How would he tell them that he way being bullied and harassed by a girl!

"Its probably that girl, the one that's a tomboy," Delphia said rolling her pasta on her fork and putting it in her mouth and their father's emrald blue eyes lit up at the mention of a girl, his son isn't that big on girls, or boys.

"A girl ay?" Their father said with a smirk at darl and he wanted to be swallowed by the ground. His parents and family members would make a big deal out of it but he was relieved when non of them seemed to know who she really is, at least that's what he thought.

"Her name is Josephine king. Like, the Josephine king. Daughter to owner of the King dynasty and model for sport equipment and all" Dorothy blurted out, throwing a magazine on the table while clearing her side of the table.

The magazine had a picture of Josephine in front with a black basket ball jersey and shorts, her arms folded across her chest as she had her signature pearly white smirk. It read: "want sports? An adidas featured" and under that a smaller picture of her to the left, she had a sunshade on and a leather jacket and it was a 1/2 portrait with her laughing and being sun kissed and damn did she look hot. The tittle was "top 10 richest kids in Preston high" the magazine was obviously a school magazine.

"Ah, this Josephine king. I remember her. The sweet child was the first to walk into this store when we newly opened it 13 years ago here with a dollar ordering a donut" their mom said dreamily. Darl thought his mom was mistaken, obviously it couldn't be the same Josephine king, could it? Anyways, he stayed silent downing his pasta in silence not wanting to contribute or say anything.

"I thought the name of this shop is like decades old" Delphia asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh no it is, it has branches all over owned by my different siblings and cousins. I could swear the one Kim is running is older than I am" their dad said grumbling at the last part of the sentence. Darlington sighed and pushed away his now empty plate, stretching in his seat.

"Darl, the bus is here!" Dorothy shouted walking into the kitchen, taking her bag, and saying it one more time, she gave both her parents and sister a kiss then pulled Darlington who only managed to wave into the bus.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Darl! My man!" Josh said walking over to Darlington, his hand ready to receive a handshake. He was wearing a plane black t and black tight jeans. While Darlington, who was standing infront his locker adjusted his glasses, studying his friend.

"What do you want Josh?" Darlington asked dryly, he knew that Josh only acted this chearful when he wanted something.

"I was just wondering what is your family like?, I mean how many you are in your family?, the age difference?" Josh said as they strolled to class and Darlington arched his eyebrow at his best friend. But answered anyways.

"I used to ,Iive here when i was younger, we moved when i was seven while my dad worked the resturant with my mom but since things were getting more stressful and my older sister finished high school, my parents began reconsidering moving back here, and now we are here, again" Darlington answered purposely avoiding his friends  ain questing.

"Ok, so how many kids?"Josh pressed on.

"We are four, me included. There's Damien, he's the oldest, 21, then the second oldest is delphia 19 then I, 17 and my baby sister, Dorothy 15" he said with a shrug as they both walked into class.

Darlington took his seat at the second to the last roll, and good for him, jojo wasn't in class yet.