chapter 33

"You shouldn't have left her." Maxwell warned. Josh sighed. "I don't even know what the problem is now man" Josh confessed honestly.

"Go talk to her. That's the best way to settle this. She even really likes you. Told me she didn't like my eyes because she was angry at you. I mean, I get it man, you get in trouble, but next time you want to make a girl mad, wear some damn shades!" He's brother scolded playfully and Josh laughed.

"I missed you man" Josh admitted taking a sip from his glass cup.

Maxwell scoffed. "At least that makes one of you" he said and Josh looked down sadly. "I mean damn she looked good. In that dress. What happened to her?" He tried changing the mode.

"Darlington. The guy you met." Josh replied with a small smile.

"Ahhh" Maxwell breathed, hand in pocket as they moved over to the balcony, staring at the start sky. "So if your lives didn't turn into some cliche flick, I don't know what happened. Cousins falling for siblings?" Maxwell said causing Josh to laugh louder.

"You know.... I think she actually did really miss you" Josh said causing his brother to smirk.

"Of course she does. I'm irresistible" Maxwell faltered himself and Josh rolled his eyes. "Go get her man. If I were that beautiful, I won't waste my fine ass on an ass like you" Maxwell said and Josh brightened up but before he left, he said-

"Do you know how many girls want to jump this 'ass' huh?" With a wide smirk.

"I know right, its my genes you've got there boy" Maxwell cheered and Josh rolled his eyes, jogging through the crowd to find Dorothy. "Well then, time for the most stubborn one" he sighed going back in to find Josephine.

"Adam!" Josh called as he got closer to the dark boy who looked at him in surprise. Adam was one of the few people as juniors that he knew.

"Sup man?" Adam asked.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Josh asked.

Adam looked down, he was blushing. "S-she's n-not my-" he was saying.

"Sorry my bad. Where's the lovely lady that was with you?" Josh rephrased not really having time.

"She went to get drinks" Adam answered and at the end of the answer Al waltz into his arms with two drinks in hand.

"Sorry please where's Dorothy" Josh asked and Al's loving gaze hardened.

"Why should I tell you?" She asked clicking her tongue at him.

"I know I f'ed up but please, just help me out here." Josh practically pleaded.

"She's up front in the garden. "Thanks so much" Josh said happily as he jogged to the outside of the resort.

"What was that about" Adam asked his date who seemed to have fake tears in her eyes.

"That's my baby scoring the goal" she said with dreamy eyes.

"Hey um-" Lyn began walking up to Darlington who smiled warmly at her. "Do you want to dance or something?" She asked him shyly.

"Well,  yes but actually I have a date" Darlington said tipping his glass in the direction of Josephine and Alicia.

"I know- its just I've had it rough and I just want a quick dance. Please" she pleaded with puppy eyes and Darlington contemplated "as friends." She assured

"Promise?" He asked biting his lip as he contemplated his options.

"Promise" she smiled genuinely at him and he took her hand. Leading him to the dance floor as she put a hand on his shoulder and he lightly placed one on her waist. The joined hands and moved at a steady pace to the music.

Josephine was smiling and laughing until her eyes landed on the sight. She kept her smile breathing out "woah, I need some air.  Your hotness is killing me" she joked and Alicia laughed, Josephine took her sweet time going out back to the frozen lake and enjoying the night time suddenly she heard footsteps and as expected, it was non other than Maxwell.

"Youve been avoiding me haven't you?" He asked taking a seat beside her on the bench.

"What gives you that idea" she says to him with a sweet smile. And he rolled his eyes at her obvious sarcasm.

"Look, whatever I did I did to help you" he said softly and this time her gaze fell, looking at the pack of cigarette in her hand as she pulled out a stick. "Dont do that. You still have pneumonia I don't want you to add lung cancer to the least." He Said taking off his jacket and placing it over her shoulders. She hugged it.

She looked at him, unable to deny the warmth it provided for her and she sighed putting the stick away.

"I've missed you" she said to him lowly. Her first love. The first guy she fell for and fell hard for, the guy whom she'd have followed to the end of the world. Her own cousin brother.

He smiled at her. "I know. I'm sorry." He and she smiled at him.

"How long are you staying?" She asked him honestly.

"I'd be gone tomorrow." He said and she smiled at him. "The one you like, that boy, he's really cute and funny. Hope you treat him right. Heard you became a bit of a rascal with people's hearts." He said hugging her and she leaned into his warmth.

"I learned from you" she said smirking up at him and he laughed.

"Hope you'd drive me to the air port tomorrow." He asked.

"No p. I've got church tomorrow anyways. I have to leave earlier than the rest." She assured him. Out of the corner of his eye, Maxwell saw someone in the shadows. And he breathed into her hair.

"I think the guy who made you wear this gown is here for you. Take care cuz. See you in the morning." He said and stood up with a goodnight peck to her cheek and she smiled at him.

"Take care of her" he said to Darlington who froze at the fact that he was found out. Darlington nodded and jogged over to her.

"H-hello" he said to her, taking the seat that Maxwell just left.

"Hi" she breathed into the cold nights air.

She looked into his eyes while he seemed more interested in the fact that she was putting on another guys jacket.

She caught him staring and smirked. Being a sour puff, he reached for the jacket, snatching it off her.

Josephine was engulfed by the sudden cold and shocked by the sudden action but she soon felt warmth accompanied with the words

"The least I could do as your date is give you my jacket. I won't let another person do what I'm meant to do for the 4th time today"