chapter 47

"I'm so sorry." He began. "For the childish attitude, for the times I ran away. I'm so so sorry." He said almost breaking down. She put a reassuring hand on his shoulder with a smile.

He returned the smile, fixing his glasses. "Why aren't you at the party?" He asked her and she sighed. "It's a Halloween party. I don't go without a date and right now, I'm not going till I have a boyfriend. Probably next year's own. I'd be there" she said.

"Is that really it?" He asked curious.

She sighed. "I'm not there cause you called." She said honestly. "Maybe we could go to next year's own together. Ion know...." She said and he blushed.

"Let's go for a walk" she said and he nodded. Locking up the house. His parents travelled and since Dorothy wasn't home, it won't hurt.

Darlington and Josephine walked side by side in the park that cold night. He had blurted out his apology to her a few minutes ago at his house and she just asked if he wanted to go for a walk.

The park was empty as it was almost 12am. Darlington was looking away, his face slightly pink from the cold while Josephine kept on popping the lollipop in and out of her mouth and Darlington couldn't help but blush at the act. He wanted to...... He pushed his scarf up, covering his lips as he bit his lower one to try and resist temptation.

He gathered the courage and tugged at the hem of her jacket and she stopped looking at him at popping the lollipop out of her mouth as they both came to a stop. "I-i-i-" Darlington was stammering, face going red and looking anywhere but at her.

"If you want to say something darling, say it"she said cold clouds coming out of her mouth as she spoke. she had told him those exact lines before. He turned away shyly not saying anything. What was he thinking tugging on her jacket in the first place? He should have ignored his hormones. "Look, it's cute when you do it but now it's just pissing me off since you don't want to say any-"

"I want to kiss you!" He said louder than needed. And his face went beetroot red. She looked at him shocked. Her sweet even fell out of her hand, but her shocked expression was replaced by a smirk. She bent down slightly, leaning in when he stopped her. "No- no- like - I want to kiss you" he whispered and she stopped even more shocked. He wanted to be dominant. He was trying to be dominant. His words made her put him against the wall of a play house causing him to freeze as she came really close to whisper to him.

"I dare you darling. I dare you to steal a kiss from me before Dawn" and his face heated up more. She sighed and gave him space and Darlington ran. The one thing he beat her at.

"D-darling! Hey come back!" King shouted running after him, but he was too fast and then he fell,not the type that hurt cause of his clumsiness. He did it on purpose. It was by the swing that faced the lake. The way the moon reflected in the water and gave light made the scenery beautiful. "Why did you run off like that?" She asked as she joined him on the green plains, as he was now in a sitting position looking up at the starry sky.

"The sky is beautiful" he breathed as she sat beside him. "You're one problematic boy" she said with a breathy chuckle. The one that he loved the most. He spotted something across the sky. "A shooting star!" He exclaimed pointing at it causing her attention to snap at the direction of the star. "Quick make a wish!" His eyes lit up as they closed and he was whispering and Josephine smiled, closing her eyes and doing the same.

After a few seconds of silence. "What did you wish for?" Darlington asked her making her turn slightly to his direction but not fully. "I wished to..... To get this special someone" she said with a grin.

"Who is he?" Darlington asked slightly sad. I mean what were the odds it wasn't him?

"Who said he? It could be a she you know?" She said with a corky smile.

"Oh...." It was Alicia wasn't it? He had a feeling it was her.

"I'm just messing with you" she said giving him a slight punch to his shoulder and he smiled at her, relived.

"Wanna know my wish?" He asked facing her slightly, she did the same and began "yes dar-" but he pulled her by her wooly scarf. He lips parted slightly out of shock and their lips met. Darlington closed his eyes tight as he moved his lips against hers lightly, she didn't respond back. Shocked but mostly scared. When he was about to pull away, she put his hand lifting his chin up a little more, kissing him back. Slowly and steadily,  both of their cheeks had a tiny bit of red. Both of them, and it wasn't from the cold.

When they finally broke apart, they were both breathless. "See? Wishes do come true" Darlington Said with a shy smile and Josephine rested her forehead on his. "You really are problematic" she said closing her eyes trying to savour the moment by taking in deep breaths. They both enjoyed it. "Promise me..." She began looking into his eyes. "Promise me you won't run away this time" he pleaded. Her voice almost breaking.

He smiled at her. "I won't" he said. "If you don't like what I'm about to say darling, tell me." She said and he nodded. "I love you. Be my boyfriend. Please." She said and he blushed.

He nodded slowly. "Is that a yes?" She asked excited. He nodded again "yes!" She said pumping her fists in the air. "Woohoo!" She said. She seemed to be extremely happy. Happier than anyone else. She has him! He's hers! "This is the best birthday ever!" She blurted out. Birthday? Darlington looked at her confused. "I'm 18 darling!" She screamed to the cold night. "I'm 18 and I have the love of my life!!!" She was smiling so bright. The look on her face... The beauty. The radiance. The way the moon kissed her cheek and made her eyes seem blue.

He pulled her by the collar of her jacket and kissed her again. This time demanding and fast. She wrapped her hands around his waist, pulling him closer. She groaned into his mouth as she begged for entrance and he gave her, letting her explore him.

They broke apart for air. "I'm yours" he reassured  her.

"And don't forget that darling" she smirked kissing the corner of his mouth. He smiled at her.

If only she knew that her next year's birthday would be the worst.