chapter 44

A/N: I am so so sorry for the late update so I made this chapter long in a way. Please don't hate me lol.

Darlington felt guilt eating him up. He couldn't focus during the game. All he knew was that they won by a few points and that Josephine was distracted. But it seemed like she was normal to others. She announced a party at her house that night and Darlington was yet to take his things out.

One thing that made Darlington excited for the next day was that they got first place, followed by Josh's group. Alicia came third. The other was that Sebastian promised to show him something and the last was that  The Alonzo Reia, host of bake with Alonzo and the owner of Bridget collage (named after his daughter). He had been trying to get on the show but he had been declined application a couple of times, some how he vaguely remembered telling Josephine about it.

Josephine had joyously announced that she had a pool and there would be drinks. She was trying to drown out her emotions without involving Alicia. Her father had told her on Thursday that she shouldn't let emotions cloud her judgement when it comes to business and that it was ok to have flings every now and then.

She wasn't a celebrity, she could keep a consistent relationship if she wanted to. Maybe that was what she was looking for. But for now, Darlington was playing with her emotions. Hosting this party was a way to vent for her frustration out.

Sebastian took Darlington out to get a quick drink to celebrate their getting first and by the time they arrived, the house was booming, students loitering around the huge lot. Darlington's mouth hung open. "She really knows how to throw a party" Sebastian commented as he stepped out. The lights were deemed and music was loud.

Darlington had a bad feeling about the party so he didn't even wait to reply Sebastian before he dashed into the house looking for Josephine. He hadn't apologized for what he had been doing. He was yet to tell her that he liked her back. His heart racing as he walked through the crowd of sweaty students.

He bumped into someone. Alicia turned around and found a confused Darlington. She eyed him, from head to toe. "What did you do?" She accused, eyes glaring daggers.

"Huh?" He asked confused.

"Josephine isn't a drinker so what did you do cause I didn't do anything, Maxwell is long gone and she didn't say anything about her father so, Darlington Kenneth, what. Did. You. Do?" Her words were slurred showing that she herself had been heavily drinking. She was pointing a finger at him.

"I- I don't know what I did... I'm sorry." He said lowly his eyes growing glassy. The music was loud and ear piercing.

"I mean I'm her best friend and I've known her for a while. She smokes but doesn't drink, hardly drinks." Alicia bit her lip, bitter sweet memories, it was three years ago, Josephine had just turned her down after she had confessed then, that same night she.......

~flashback begins~

Josephine was conflicted, her father bought her a whole bar of the most expensive wine in the state to help her when she was 13 with the words, "when youre angry, smash the bottle" and some more of "ruining expensive things satisfies the mind". She had opened it for the first time ever. Usually she'd pound at the drums till they broke or she fell asleep from exhaustion. But now, at 14, staring at that bottle... Her cigarettes were out and she was angry. After heavily drinking, she had made her way to Alicia's house. 

Alicia answered the door with reluctance being the only one at home that Saturday night. "Joseph-" but her words were cut short as Josephine slammed her lips on hers. Kissing her with frustration "I'm sorry..." She spoke lowly. "I don't love you and I don't want to hurt you. I mean I love you as a friend but I can't get romantically involved with you. I just can't. I'm so sorry" well her actions were very misleading. Alicia watched her slumb in her arms.