chapter 49

"where are we going?" Darlington giggled into the cold night as she pulled him away from her car, towards a small store. "Shhhhhh" she told him playfully causing him to giggle even more. They entered the club that had soft music in the background playing and someone doing the karoeke. The light was a dim blue and green, alternating.

She took him to a table and pulled out his chair for him. There were glances from some men at Darlington while Josephine glared at them. "What would you have baby girl?" The worker said flirtatiously. It was none other than Raphael. He worked as a barber during the day and works at the club at night. Josephine cleared her throat making her glance at the other end of the table "dear lord!" He exclamined as he saw Darlington. "Damn. You're even prettier in person" Raphael said and Darlington blushed. "Oh, right. Your orders. What would you like doll?" He asked Darlington who was looking at the menu.

Darlington could bet he'd make better food than what they had to offer but he kept his sharp mouth closed as he chose the curry stew. Josephine chose the Mac and cheese. "Sooooooooo" Darlington began nervously.

"Babe, no need to feel awkward here. Just ignore all the stares" she said but it sounded like she was talking to herself as she was trying to ignore all the stares directed at Darlington. The club was chatty and full of dim life not the bursting kind. After their food arrived, they began eating. Darlington talking every now and then and Josephine showing him pictures on her phone. She even pulled out an old childhood photo of them both causing him to laugh lightly. When they were done, Darlington suggested something.

"Go on. Sing." He said to her with a pout. And she sighed.

"I'm no good" Josephine dismissed lightly and he gave her the puppy eyes. She sighed and got up on stage. She selected her song.

"Wise men say...." She began off key causing Darlington to giggle while giving her a thumbs up. It was a good thing she sang bass even if she was terrible at singing. "Only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you" she said pointing at him. He giggled further. She took the mic into her hand and swayed around the mic stand like an actual musician or at least she tried to. "Like a river flowing. Surely to the sea darling so it goes somethings..... Are meant to be...." She sang way more dramatically than needed. Causing him to laugh harder.

"So take my hand," she smirked at him "take my whole life too, for I can't help" somehow she became serious, playfulness disappeared from her eyes as her storm was locked into his sea, it felt like they were the only ones there, just the two of them. It didn't matter who was watching, it didn't matter what was going on around them, it was just the two of them. She closed her eyes and smiled satisfied as she spoke finally "falling in love with you"

She breathed into the mic contented. "I love Darlington Kenneth" she said and the crowd cheered. Even if her performance sucked lollipops, she had so much emotions, who would have thought that Josephine king would be captivated by a half American half Spanish pretty boy.

Darlington cheered her on louder than everyone else. Clapping for her. She walked over to him and put money on their table. Taking his hand in hers and pulling him up and out of the club. "Why are we leaving?" Darlington said with a pout and Josephine chuckled "I didn't like how they were looking at you hungrily" she spoke honestly and he blushed looking down at their connected hands. When they got to her car, he looked down at his feet anxiously.

"Do you want to walk darling?" She asked and his eyes brightened up as he looked up at her and nodded rapidly. She smiled at him and made a quick phone call to William to come pick her car while she walked her darling home.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

"And how on Earth did you even wiggle your brows so fast" Darlington said in awe as Josephine walked beside him.

"I have many hidden talents" Josephine boasted cause Darlington to scrunch up his nose.

"Yeah but singing ain't one" he mocked in a hushed voice.

"What was that?" Josephine asked raising a questioning brow at him and he stopped dead in his tracks.

"N-nothing" Darlington stammered.

"You know..... Singing might not be one of my strong spots but..... I'm a very excellent tickle monster" she said raising her hands above her head for emphasis. Darlington gasped in mock fear.

"No, don't tickle me!" He screeched and she growled playfully at him and he turned to his heels, running and she chased him.

It was so funny how 10pm came like the breeze and they were at the front of his house. She put her hands in her pockets as she rocked back and forth on the heal of her feet. "Sooooo...." She began and he smiled at her.

"So?" He asked playing dumb. Her mouth hung open.

"Oh come on, I walked all the way here, besides, it's the right thing to do" she said walking closer to him. He put a hand on his chin like he was thinking. "Nah. Not today" he said and she snuck her hands around his waist embracing him and he giggled. She roughed up his hair a bit as she snuggled closer to his warmth and buried her face in his hair. The slick black was soft like spider webs.

Darlington blushed in her hold but hugged her back. "Today was fun, let's make Saturdays our date night. Or maybe Friday?" She asked into his hair.

"No need to be formal. Let's just be random and go out when ever we feel like." he said and she smiled.

"You're so warm" she said and pulled him closer, so close that he could feel the softness of her chest through those layers of clothes. His blush deepened and he coughed causing her to let him go. "Right. You've got to go home" she said while stalling. She was waiting for her reward. Darlington rolled his eyes at her games as he stood on his tip toes and pecked her cheek.

"Don't forget to pick me up by 7am sharp" he said as he walked to his door and waved at her finally. She smiled and nodded. Their restaurant was already closed and Josephine couldn't help but feel blessed. She truly was a lucky girl.

She smiled down at her hands, she still had a fever, it had gone down but it was still there. She had exams next week and she couldn't fall sick just yet.

The story doesn't have that much chapters left till completion. Maybe 20 or just 10 or 15 more....
Oh well.