Avoid The Sin Now And Repent Later Mindset

Serious talk

I saw this post on Instagram and the message behind it is so amazing so I'll share it.

Did you ever have that mindset of "sin now and pray about it later"?

Have you ever intentionally sinned knowing it hurts God and you shouldn't do it just to do it anyway. You feel bad then you quickly apologise because there is grace. I've been there when I wasn't very serious with my relationship with God.

How many of us take advantage of God's grace? And dance around with sin just because we have Grace?

This mindset comes with addictions. The most common one I know is from people who are addicted to porn.

You know it's wrong but do it anyway just to feel bad about it. It's a mindset that keeps you sinning because you later feel bad and 'pray' about it with little to no intention of actually resisting.

I once had that unhealthy mindset where I would intentionally chose to watch things I know I shouldn't. I wouldn't say I was addicted but I certainly did not respect God at the time. I would search things knowing it would be lust to me and later on repent. It took God to begin to shake me out of it and make me realise that it's not genuine repentance if I know on my heart I'll do it later. Genuine repentance is regretting, repenting and choosing to turn away from those wicked ways. Choosing to walk away from pornography and choosing to walk into light. Once I start genuinely repenting and inviting Jesus, that's when I saw genuine change of heart and began to walk away from so many things. I realised that God isn't someone to just play games with. I realised that if it wasn't for Jesus, I would be dead a long time ago for many reasons just because of 'accidental and intentional sinning'.

We should realised that sin in the long run kills. He is faithful to forgive but we should be faithful to deny ourselves, pick up our cross and fight the good fight. God is faithful to help us become more like Jesus but we need to resist the devil like Jesus did. God is faithful to deliver us from temptation but we must also be faithful to flee. God is faithful to help us our of places we feel stuck but we need to be faithful to cry out to Him to take us out.

Lying even though you know it's wrong just to pray about it in the evening because you now 'realise' you shouldn't can harm you in many ways.

Sis, repent and turn from sin. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit knowing that you're doing is wrong by obeying your flesh and ignoring your King you're leading yourself to destruction. Sis, repent because that sin is bringing spiritual death and causing your relationship with God to weaken. Repent because God will not be mocked. He calls us to not be lukewarm but hot. Repent because your Lord wants to walk with you but how can He walk with you because the Bible says how two cannot walk unless they agree (Amos 3:3) and God does not agree with sin so how can He walk with you?

Sis, cry out to God. Chose Jesus, invite Jesus, surrender your life to Jesus and cut that connection with sin.

For those who feel this post is touching you and sense the conviction of the Holy Spirit. I want to encourage you to surrender your life before God and go before Him in prayer right now. I want you to look at that sin, remember what Jesus did, remember His pain, remember how He remained Holy yet died our death. He never fell the way we did yet He took out sins. I want you to say to our Lord "Right now I'm breaking my connection..."

And say that sin and break your connection and repent. Repent means to turn away, decide to let it go and go before the feet of Jesus (in prayer), speak to Him and invite Him. If you haven't accepted Jesus as your Lord and saviour, do so now and invite Him, ask Him to reign over you and decide to believe that in Him you have eternal life. In Him you're forgiven and in Him alone you have salvation. If you want to give your life to Christ, pm us saying so and we will speak with you by God's grave

For those fellow sisters in Christ finding themselves backsliding, you were once hot but now sis you're abandoning your first love. Go back to God, He will not condemn you. He has open arms to continue walking with you. What sin does is it seperate you from God. It causes that seperation but when you decide to turn from sin, you won't be perfect but you won't have to do it alone, invite the Holy Spirit in your life and begin to walk this journey with your God. Continue walking in light.

These are the kind of posts I know not many people get excited over but it's very necessary. Jesus often spoke on repentance and we as children of God should do. Repentance is important because you can't be forgiven if you don't repent. You can't accept Jesus if you haven't repented and realised you need to turn away from sin.

-etty

Scripture to mediate on if you've started backsliding and are wondering if God will accept you bacj, ( answer is YES!)

READ: Luke 15:11-31

Revelation 2:4
ESV
2 “‘I know your works, your toil and your patient endurance, and how you cannot bear with those who are evil, but have tested those who call themselves apostles and are not, and found them to be false. 3 I know you are enduring patiently and bearing up for my name's sake, and you have not grown weary. 4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.

Revelation 3:15-17
ESV
15 “‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! 16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. 17 For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.

Matthew 3:2
ESV
2 “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”