Thank God For Life

Let's keep hearts of gratitude. I was meditating on the gift of life. We need to grow in becoming more grateful for the breath we have.

There are many men and women more gifted than us. There are great women and men of God who have passed away. There are those who shepherd, served, evangelised, ministered and did amazing things for the kingdom that woke up not knowing that day was going to be their last.

Family in Christ, we shouldn't be expected just to see another day. Just to still be able to see, touch, hear and move. We shouldn't expect such things as if we deserve them or have to receive it. We don't have to receive anything. If we are breathing here today it's not because you're better than someone else or your life is more special. There are many people with great talents, potential and gifts that didn't receive the grace to see this day like you and me.

Let's learn to take time just to tell God "thank you". Not always complaints, not always petitions, not asking for this or that but just to tell God we see how good you are. He doesn't have to take care of us. He doesn't have to allow you to have a home or food to eat. He chooses to out of His love to keep us. It's not because of you or me.

Some people fear God a lot more than us who haven't seen today. It's not that we are deeper in relationship with God than others that we are spared. No, it's just grace. Grace is undeserved favour. We can't buy or win God's grace with any of our works, we simply receive. There's nothing we can go before God and say we deserve this or that without speaking of His grace. His grace is why we have life, it's why we are saved in the first place.

So today, take time to just thank God you're alive. To just thank God that you can hear. Thank God you have a bed. Thank God that you're not being persecuted as we speak because of your faith. Thank God you have a family that's Christian, not everyone has that grace. Thank God you even have a phone, not everyone has that either. Thank God you have an education or can go to church without fearing for your life. Thank God you can breathe, because even when all things appear to be going from bad to worse when we still have breath in our lungs, we keep our hope that God won't ever leave us or forsake us, and In Christ, we have eternal life.

-etty

2 Timothy 2:13
NKJV
13 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.

Psalm 34:1-3
ESV
1 I will bless the Lord at all times;
    his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
    let the humble hear and be glad.
3 Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
    and let us exalt his name together

Psalm 107:1
ESV
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
    for his steadfast love endures forever!