Call On Your God

Call on your God

I want to encourage us to call on God but not just call on Him but use His names.

Throughout reading the Bible, I noticed that Biblical characters would call on God based on their need for Him and who they needed Him to be to them. They called God their Refuge when under trial, their Rock during shaky times, their King, their Lord, Jehovah Rapha, God of hosts etc

God revealed Himself as I am. He is everything we ever need Him to be and do. When we call God our refuge, we come to Him saying that His our hiding place, our Protection and Hope. When we call Him Jehovah Rapha, we recognise Him as our Healer. When we call Him Lord of Hosts, His our Defence, Protector and Warrior.

Our God is the GREAT I AM. He is everything. He is not limited to one name, He's so big, so great that the little information we have of Him now is peanuts. He is too deep for our minds to fully grasp yet He calls us His.

I challenge you to call on God who He is to you. Is He your hope? Go before him and cry "My hope". Is He your peace? God before Him and cry "my Peace!" Is He your Mighty Warrior who defends you from Evil! Call Him that!

Reading the Psalms, I noticed how personal they are. They weren't afraid to call on God who He meant to them and who He is. And I want us to grow in that personal relationship as well.

Romans 8:15
ESV
15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

-etty