To Be Examples

1 Timothy 4:12
ESV
12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity. 

In order to be examples as Timothy writes, we need to be able to know the word and our lifestyle should be a glory to God

We become examples by being doers of the word of God. We don't just know and read the word but we actively make an effort to practice the word of God. We do it by understanding God's word and making ways where we can put it into practice.

We cannot confess we are Christians yet we live in disobedience to the word of God. We as Christians seek to live in obedience to the word of God. We live to honour and follow God's word and principles. This is how we are examples to the world.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
ESV
4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Jesus said we will know them by their fruits (Matthew 7:15). We seek to bear the fruit of Spirit by desiring to be more like Jesus.
We will know whether someone is of Christ or not by the fruit they have. We are examples to this world whenever we are patient when we should be angry and frustrated. This is us being examples.

When we are kind to those who are unkind we are being examples. When we are merciful to those who hurt us, when we are loving to those who hate us, when we forgive those who sought to hurt us, when we care for those who didn't care for us, when we pray for those who see us like nothing, we are being examples of Jesus.

It's the presence of the fruit of the Spirit in our lives that we begin to become examples. Our obedience to the word of God and the fruit that comes from that obedience testifies and bears witness we are servants of Christ.

Today ask God to help you bear fruit to be an example. Examine your heart and ask yourself if you're able to be an example for others for the glory of God. Ask yourself what areas in your life are you not an example of and ask God to help you overcome it.

-etty