Forgiving others

To forgive someone means to let go of something they've done wrong and accept them back without malice. Without a revenge plan, without any bad feelings. It means clearing up your mind and deciding that it's best to move on from the issue you might have had.

Forgiving is not always easy. Sometimes people do the most terrible things and don't even apologize sometimes. But its important to remember that just like Jesus we need to forgive over and over again. There should be no limit to forgiveness.

Luke 17:3-4 says;
So watch yourselves!"If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive.
Even if that person wrongs you seven times a day and each time turns again and asks forgiveness, you must forgive."

If it's still a little hard, think about God. Think about the number of times he has forgiven us even though we keep doing the same thing again and again (Mark 11:25). Think about his everlasting mercy, the way he forgives us even when we sin on purpose. He continues to be merciful because he wants us to follow his example. He wants us to lead others to Christ by showing them His love and unconditional grace.

Quick reminder: forgiving, forgetting and learning are three very different things. You can actually forget about something without necessarily forgiving the person. This is a dangerous thing to do because deep down you're still holding on to the hurt in your heart. This is why it's important to forgive others as soon as possible to keep yourself from sinning

Also; not everyone who offends you is to be given a second chance. A friend who tells a lie should be given a second chance but one who makes lying a habit is a bit dangerous to have around. When people offend you, let them know that what they're doing is wrong and hurts you. If they continue to do it, learn from the experience and try to stay away from such people.

Forgiving is not only for loved ones though, you need to forgive your enemies too. Jesus was continuously attacked by the Pharisees and even later killed by Jews but he didn't hold it against them. Know that by forgiving your enemies, you put a smile on God's face and show that you're a bigger person.

~ Anne☺️