8

Zahra'u watch as the man from the car come down, she stand up and stare confuse as he walk to her front.

"Do you need something?" He ask glancing at the suitcase, duffle bag and the little infant girl clasp on her back.

"I....no..i am searching for a job." Zahra'u say and he stare at her for a while.

Bashir Nagoda is an average bachelor of 29years, the first son of a family of 8, grown and raised in the beautiful city, A vice Admiral of the Nigeria army and the CEO of his wealthy father's company.

"A job?
Is this your daughter?" He ask with a smile and glance at the girl who's sleeping.

"Y...yes." Zahra'u say staring at him,
He's wearing a plain white pant and a plain white button up shirt, the fact that he's driving a white car doesn't help zahra'u curiosity.

"Which type of job are you searching for?" Bashir ask suddenly interested in zahra'u, he just have this soft sympathy for people not everyone do, just the lucky people that caught his attention and zahra'u just happen to be one of them.

"Nanny, maid or a cook, anything pertaining house chores." Zahra'u say as she slightly shake mamah who's fidgeting on her back probably about waking up.

"Uhmmmmm well that's good,
Did you have any working experience?" Bashir ask staring at zahra'u as she untie the little girl and begin to sway her.

"Ofcrse,
I have worked at a restaurant and A house previously." She explain and bashir node.

"So what happened?
do you quit working there? Or
Did they kick you out for any immoral behaviour." Bashir ask and zahra'u give him a look of bewilderment.

"Are you interviewing me for a job or something?" Zahra'u say making bashir to chuckle slightly.

"Maybe,
Is this your daughter?" Bashir ask again and zahra'u node.

"Yes, you've ask me before,
Do you have a problem with that?" Zahra'u ask a little bit irritated, she hate when people ask about her daughter it just something that make her insecure and bring back all the bitter memories.

"No,
Ofcrse not, she's very beautiful." Bashir say as he glance at the little girl and zahra'u who look a bit upset.

"Can you leave if you don't have anything to say or offer?" Zahra'u say, his presence is already irritating her.

"How about i have a job for you?" He say and zahra'u stare at him for a while.

"What type of job?" She ask and bashir shrug.

"You will take care of my grandmother, she's an average 75years old woman, I'm sure she will appreciate your company with your daughter's to." Bashir say and zahra'u node.

"OK." Zahra'u say not knowiy what else to say, she just met the stranger she's not very sure she can trust him yet.

"What is your daughter's name?" Bashir ask trying to lighten up the mood,he do notice the change in her mood since he ask about her daughter.

"Mamah." Zahra'u grumble as bashir grab the two bags.

"You named her after your mum?" He ask and zahra'u smile with a node, he's the first person that care to ask and guess it right.

"That's nice,
My name is bashir." He say closing the car trunk as he open the front passenger door for her.

"My name is zahra'u." She say making him to smile and close the door shut.

"You have a nice name." He say once inside the car and close the door shut.

"Thank you." Zahra'u say as she slightly grab her daughter's hand who's fidgeting with her clothes so she can feed her.

"Well,
My family is a big one you will have to deal with a lot of different characters with different attitude, but the goodnews is that my grandmother have her own apartment, you and your daughter can use the second bedroom in the apartment it's unoccupied, so you won't have to deal with anyone troubling you." Bashir explain starting the car and zahra'u node.

"Thank you." Zahra'u say and bashir node as he maneuver the car back to the road.

The drive become a quiet one even little mamah have given up on wanting her mum to feed her and the little girl go back to sleep.

"How old is your daughter?" Bashir ask and zahra'u she's 5months 2weeks 3days today."zahra'u say and bashir node impress.

"Ohh you really keep track of her age,
Do you live here?" Bashir ask glancing at zahra'u and turn his gaze back to the road.

"I'm from gurara,
Used to live there." Zahra'u say and bashir ask not wanting to dig deep,
She seem harmless to him do he will still dig privately about her the last thing he want is accommodating a stranger that will become harmful to his family.

Zahra'u watch as the outside scenario begin to change and slowly they maneuver into a remote suburban area with beautiful storey buildings,
She watch as the car maneuver to a very big storey building and the gate was instantly roll open even before he honk.

Zahra'u feel her pulse picking up the thought of him been a kidnapper did cross her mind but suddenly three girls exit from a door and instantly rush back inside making her to slight chuckle, it's a bit funny how quickly they run back as if afraid of something.

Bashir glance at her wondering what makes her chuckle even do he saw the two girls he didn't find it funny rather upsetting.

"Well this is my home." Bashir say once he halt in the garage with about 8cars as zahra'u look in amusement.

"You live with your parents?" She ask and bashir shrug.

"Yeah,
My dad, step mum and siblings,
Then ofcrse my grandmother who you will be meeting soon." Bashir say as he open the car door.

Zahra'u open the door and come out of the car staring at the beautiful building in admiration.

"Shall we?" Bashir ask with the suitcase and duffle bag  as he wave off the guard approaching to help him with the bag.

"O...OK." Zahra'u say as she quietly trail behind bashir, they walk behind the big 3storey building and there are 3 different apartment, a bungalow, a two storey building and another small apartment.

"This is my grandmother apartment, stay away from the other two buildings." Bashir say as they climb the sma apartment pavement and zahra'u node as he drop the duffle bag and open the apartment door.

"Salamu'alaikum." He say and a voice answer from a bedroom.

"Bashiru kai ne?" The voice ask and bashir drop the bag in the parlour.

"Yes ofcrse,
It's me and i have a big suprise for you." Bashir say as he urges zahra'u to come with him.

"Where have you been since morning?
Is this my rival?" She say playfully and bashir chuckle gesturing for zahra'u to sit.

"Grandma this is zahra'u and her daughter mamah, she will stay with you and keep you company when I'm not around." Bashir say as zahra'u kneel next to the old woman.

"Good morning grandma." Zahra'u greet as she drop mamah who's now awake on the floor.

"Morning my dear,
Welcome make yourself comfortable,
I thought bashir finally bring a wife so i can see my grand children before i die but still, who is this beautiful angel?" The old woman say picking little mama who's sitting staring at her.

"Grandma let me go inside the house,
I will be right back,
Zahra'u make yourself comfortable, I will drop your luggage in the other bedroom." Bashir say exiting the bedroom and zahra'u node.

Zahra'u watch with a smile as the old lady play with her daughter, it's the first time she sees someone giving soo much attention to her daughter and it just make her happy.

Drop your comments and votes please.