31

"Maman mamah you can't just accept a marriage request like that,
You didn't even tell me before you make this rash decision,
Do you have any idea who Alhaji Amin is?
He have 3 cunning wives everyone knows his house is like a dead trap." Hashim say and Zahra'u sigh.

"But it's the only way out for me Hashim,
You will soon leave and i don't want to bother you, I will be fine.
Tell me more about this Alhaji Amin son please, it's more helpful than you scolding me." Zahra'u say and Hashim sigh.

"I don't know much Zahra'u but from what i heard in town, he doesn't have a male child that's why he kept marrying, he have 6 female children, he obviously want a heir he's very rich tho there are rumor in town that he once had a son but the son died." Hashim say and Zahra'u shake her head.

"But Dr sadiq told me it's his son?
Or perhaps Alhaji is hiding his son from the entire world because of the boys mental health." Zahra'u say curiously and Hashim shrug.

"Probably,
I am really not happy about this,
And you mean today is the wedding?" Hashim say still trying process everything Zahra'u tell him and she nod with a weak smile.

"Yes Hashim,
I'm honestly not happy about it but i think it's the most healthy decision,
Mama need to be treated and I'm OK with marrying whoever this guy is beside i have been through worst." Zahra'u say with a sigh and Hashim stay quiet.

"You will tell me when things aren't going the way you want right?" Hashim say and Zahra'u nod with a weak smile as she dish the food and hand it to Hashim.

"I have also finish everything about my scholarship process, all I have to do is wait for the next 3weeks so we can leave." Hashim say and Zahra'u nod with a smile.

"You will do just fine out there,
Uhmmm can you buy me a phone please, I will need to have phone so we can stay in contact right." Zahra'u say and Hashim nod with a cheeky smile as Zahra'u sit on the chair in the frontage.

"Yeah,
You will send me mamahs pictures,
I honestly can't wait to leave,
I will study hard and make sure i make it before coming back to this country." Hashim say and Zahra'u chuckle.

"The determination huh." She say and Hashim laugh.

"Maman mama i have suffered in this life and i want to experience what is like to have a good life,
I hope you will experience that to,
It's never easy to be an orphan, people that have there parent and family should be greatful, that alone is a blessing." Hashim say and Zahra'u nod.

Once they finish eating Zahra'u give Hashim the 300,000naira Alhaji Amin gave to her,
She tell him the 200,000naira is a gift from her to him and he should buy her a good phone with the remaining money, Hashim thanks Zahra'u for the 200k because he really do need some money at that time, he leave and promise to come back by evening with the phone if he closes from work.

*****************

"I'm not sure they will send to pick you up this morning, maybe in the evening or even night." Hashim say as he help Zahra'u packing.

"I don't know Hashim but i should be ready tho, you will move back to this apartment and leave that your ghetto area." Zahra'u say and Hashim laugh.

"True,
Let me enjoy for this 3weeks, yesterday they even cut our light,." Hashim say as he collect the phone from mamah who is putting it in her mouth.

"Mama will block your phone with this her saliva." Hashim say and Zahra'u sigh, she's still not use to having phone this morning when Hashim call she wanted to even run out of the bedroom thinking is something until she spot the black Samsung galaxy A12.

"Salamu'alaikum." A voice yell banging on the gate gaining the two attention.

"Let me check." Hashim say and exit the bedroom.

Zahra'u feel her pulse picking up,
What if it's them and they come to pick her up?
Does that mean she will kiss goodbye to her freedom.

"Maman mamah it's them,
Did you see the big cars." Hashim say excitedly and Zahra'u chuckle.

"OK,
Let me just dress mama up,
Help me and take my things out." She say and grab her daughter.

As Hashim take the suitcase outside zahra'u quickly dress up her daughter, she's wearing a black abaya so she decide to roll her veil and head outside, handing the key to the apartment to Hashim, who's now holding mama.

"Can i come with y...

" No."one of the driver say and Zahra'u give him a confuse look.

"He's my brother an.......

" it's an order from the boss."he say and Hashim scratch the back of his head.

"It's fine Zahra'u,
We will talk on the phone right." Hashim say and Zahra'u nod as one of the driver open the backdoor of the black rangerover.

Hashim hand her mama and slightly wave at her as the door close, from the black tinted glass Zahra'u can see Hashim worried face and that instant she breakdown., she don't even know what she's going to face over at the Amin residence, the car start moving and as they begin driving out of the area Zahra'u glance at her daughter who's playing with her fingers and release a heavy breathe.

It's about half an hour drive to the Amin residence, it's a quiet suburban area of the riches, Zahra'u stare at the big tall buildings and there car didn't even get to honk the gate to a white painted mansion open, the driver open the door for her and she come out scanning the house in awe.

"This way." One of the driver say and she follow him to the small door as she look around in confusion.

"Welcome Zahra'u." The familiar voice say gaining her attention and she look up the man.

"Come in." He say and Zahra'u walk inside the big parlour.

"Good morning." She greet slightly bowing her head and he nod gesturing to the couch.

"Sit." He say and Zahra'u sit looking around the tastefully furnished parlour in admiration.

"Zahra'u." Alhaji amin call gaining her attention.
"Welcome to my house,
I would have ask them to take you to Bilal's side directly but i want to have a little discussion with you." He say and Zahra'u nod.
"I live here with my 3wives and 6 female children,
Bilal is my only male child, he had quiet a complicated life which turn him into what he is today, he has received all the necessary treatment, he is still undergoing treatment but..... Alhaji amin pause.
Zahra'u." He call staring at her.
"Do not trust anyone in this house,
There are alot of sinister things going on here, I want to believe and trust that my son is safe in your hand." He say and Zahra'u nod with a weak smile.

"Insha Allah Alhaji." She say and Alhaji amin nod.

"Lastly don't tell anyone you are married to Bilal, your daughter will be enroll into a school by Monday." Alhaji amin say glancing at the little girl and Zahra'u nod.

"Thank you Alhaji." She say and Alhaji release a heavy breathe.

"Be patience with him,
My son is not a psychopath he just need someone to mend his broken self." Alhaji amin say and stand up.

"Mika'il show her to Amin side." Alhaji say and Zahra'u stand up.

"You can trust him,
Only him but nobody." Alhaji add and Zahra'u give the mika'il guy a weird look as she exit the parlour.

They walk for a while and follow through a gate with a fence that separate the two building before a Bungalow comes into a view.

"Your things are inside ,4th bedroom by the left, stay away from all bedrooms." Mika'il say and Zahra'u nod, she wait until mika'il leave before she release a heavy nervous breathe, she glance at her daughter before grabbing the door handle and push open the door that will change her entire life.