29

Death they say is inevitable but untimely death, one that you never expect to come so soon is the one that hurt the most.
Bashir death feel so unreal to Zahra'u, not only her but to everyone,
Sitted on the floor of her bedroom she cry staring at the floor, hope is just a word, Zahra'u knows there's no happiness for her in this world,
all the time the slight hope and taste of happiness will reach to her only for it to crumble on the floor.

"Zahra'u." The familiar voice knock on her bedroom door and she look up with a sigh.

Aliyah left that night with her family when they come to take bashir body, Zahra'u wasn't even allow to see him, aliya blame her for everything and keep yelling at her that she's the reason bashir died, which Zahra'u couldn't denied because she believe if they didn't cross path again bashir would be alive.

Hashim walks in with mamah and drop the sleeping girl on the bed, he's glad he save the money and have to take mamah for her session,
He don't have a single dine in his account for now and he knows in another two weeks they will need same amount of money for mama's dialysis session.

"Zahra'u for how long are you going to continue like this, it's been a week,
I know it's difficult for you but what about mamah,
she needs you to be strong for her and doctor sadiq told me you need to start taking your medication i don't know on what but he gave me this to bring to you,
You haven't been to work for a week,
You barely eat and.........

" I don't care Hashim,
What's the point in living,
Why will God create me only to make me go through all this pain, I'm tired Hashim, tired of living, tired of pretending to be OK,tired of trying, I want to die."Zahra'u say because in all honesty she's tired, all her life she's been suffering, from one problem to the other, it's one obstacle or the other, happiness seems to be nonexistent in her own life.

"Zahra'u." Hashim say with a sigh.
Look at her."he say turning her face to her daughter who's sleeping.
Do you know what your own mother have to go through to raise you?
Zahra'u you should be happy you are alive and healthy it's enough to survive,
I'm here for you and Mamah.
Nothing last forever, be it hardship, pain or happiness, life is a mixture of all this, if God keeps blessing us and giving us whatever we want how can we have faith in him, Be a devoted muslimah and don't give up because God choose to test you. "Hashim say and Zahra'u just breakdown.

Hashim stay for a while, saying all optimistic word and everything he can to make sure Zahra'u feel alright,
After a while he leave because he's late for work and promise to come check on her as soon as he comes back from work.

By evening  Hashim come to check on Zahra'u, she is sitting washing her clothes outside when he enter the compound, he look happy which makes Zahra'u even curious the more.

" Hashim what's the smile all about?"Zahra'u say glancing at her daughter who's playing by the running tap she turn on.

"Well,
What can i say i got a scholarship or should i say win a scholarship." Hashim say handing Zahra'u the paper and she clean her wet hand on her clothes and collect the paper reading it making a smile to appear on her face, it's the first genuine smile Hashim see on her face since Bashir untimely death and knowing he's the reason behind that smile just makes him happy the more.

"Scholarship to study in Saudi Arabia." Zahra'u say with a smile and he nod.

"That's not only the goodnews the government will take responsible for everything, tuition fees, accommodation and even the travel expenses." Hashim say and Zahra'u won't stop smiling, she's happy for Hashim he deserve it, he's smart, kindhearted and very intelligent.
Even when he told her he applied for the scholarship whatsoever and they wrote exams Zahra'u knows he will nail it even do Hashim is slightly insecure about it but all that doesn't matter because he got it.

"That's wonderful,
I'm happy for you Hashim,
Mamah come and wish uncle Hashim goodluck." Zahra'u say but the little girl seems more interested in playing with the water.

"Only 3 of us got selected and they say we will start the process by Monday,
We will be leaving by next month ending." Hashim say and Zahra'u nod impressively.

"That's real quick and good ,
What about your school here?" Zahra'u ask and Hashim snort.

"I have quit be that,
I can't even believ this maman mama it feel so unreal." Hashim say and Zahra'u nod.

"You deserve it Hashim,
I'm sure you will do great out there." Zahra'u say and he nod.

"Insha Allah and I will make plenty of money to come take mamah with me, right mamah." Hashim say smiling at the little girl who giggle.

"I'm so hungry,
Do you have food?" Hashim ask and Zahra'u nod.

"Check the kitchen." She say and continue Washing her clothes as Hashim enter the kitchen and grab the remaining spaghetti that's inside the pot.

The two continue talking mostly Hashim doing the talking, telling Zahra'u how excited he is about winning the scholarship, Zahra'u wonder who else will she relay on if Hashim leave, the only person she will confide in she knows they can never be like before with Aliya because that friendship died with Bashir.

*****************

Zahra'u decide to resume back to work and continue her daily challenges of life, with Hashim up and down preparing for his scholarship whatsoever, she decide to take a double shift, she need to raise money because soon the month will end and her daughter's treatment will have to continue, it's just three days for her left to make the payment, doctor sadiq reminded her and Zahra'u assure him she will bring the money before the month end but she knows it's difficult for her to raise such money within that short period of time,
  Doctor ziyad move out of there compound and the few times she sees him in the hospital he seem extremely busy, Zahra'u thought of meeting him and reconsidering his offer but she doesn't want to bring herself so low.

It's a Saturday evening as she round up her shift and prepare to leave doctor sadiq approaches her  with a smile.

"Maman mama." He say slightly touching the little girl with a smile.

"Good evening doctor." She greet and sadiq nod, she's been taking her medication and living the healthy lifestyle the doctor advice her to, the last thing she want is to die and leave her little girl all by herself in this miserable world.

"Can we talk maman mamah or are......

" no it's fine I'm heading home actually. "Zahra'u say and sadiq nod as they both head outside.

" Zahra'u. "Sadiq say with a deep breathe once they are outside the hospital premises.
" I know things are difficult for you and I'm sorry i can't give you that much support, I honestly wish i could but even myself i have my own personal battle to deal with."sadiq say with a pause as Zahra'u listen attentively waiting to hear where the conversation head to.

"There's a good friend,
Well client, he's more like a mentor to me." Sadiq say and Zahra'u nod.
"He is willing to help mama and even take her out of the country so she can get a better treatment." Sadiq say and Zahra'u look up at him suprise.

"Really?" She say and sadiq nod with a smile but the smile fade away making Zahra'u to release a deep breathe.

"But, you know how things work this days, he have his own request." Sadiq say and Zahra'u shake her head, human beings have become so cruel that people don't do things for free.

"What is it?" Zahra'u say tiredly, at this point she doesn't mind doing anything because she have nothing to lose, she's been rape, she's been abuse, she's been used, she have lost the only person that she was hoping he will give her that life, she also have the incurable disease what else is worst than that.

"He want you to marry his son." Sadiq say and Zahra'u give him a confuse look.

"Marriage kuma?" She say almost confuse and sadiq nod.

Triple update for my night owls,
Don't forget to comment and vote.