13

Coming inside the apartment with the numerous shopping bag Bashir call zahra'u name and she answer from the kitchen, he's leaving to Lagos this evening for his deployment, he do been buying unnecessary things, from foodstuffs, to mamah baby food and any other things that he knows zahra'u and little mama will need when he's away.

"Good afternoon." Zahra'u greet turning off the stove and bashir smile weakly at her.

He do notice how moody zahra'u has been ever since he told her he's traveling and he will have to stay for a very long period of time atleast 6months.

"Should i serve your food?zahra'u ask staring at him and he shake his head.

He grab her by the hand and sit her on the kitchen stool facing him.

" zahra. "Bashir call with a sigh.
I will come back i promise you,
Just be patience with me,
No matter what happen if i am away just make sure you don't meddle with Ammi and her children especially khalifah, stay away from him and don't ever give little mama to him,
I know he's nice to you but i don't want you near him,
I will try and see if i can get a leave to come celebrate mamahs one year birthday with you." Bashir say and zahra'u nod with a sniff.

"I don't want you to go,
I'm scared,
B i will wait for you no matter how long it takes but I'm just worried." Zahra'u say truthfully, she doesn't know but she's just insecure about bashir leaving a part of her is telling her this could be the last time she will ever see him.

"I love you,
Kinji,
I bought you phone this morning." Bashir say grabbing the small bag he drop on the kitchen island.

"I will call you once in a while,
We don't really have much access to make phone calls but i will try even do is once or 3 times in a month."bashir say handing the brand Samsung A32 to zahra'u who sluggishly collect and drop it on the kitchen island with a sigh.

" where's mamah?"Bashir ask and zahra'u sigh.

"She's sleeping,
B.......zahra'u say with a pause as Bashir squeeze her hand in reassuring gesture with a smile.
" you will come back right?"zahra'u say and bashir nod with a smile.

"I will come back and you will be my wife insha Allah." Bashir say with a smile making Zahra'u to smile weakly.

"Should i serve your lunch you haven't eat since breakfast and it's already 2pm." Zahra'u say and he nod.

She dish the jellof rice, pepper chicken with some vegetable coleslaw and drop it for him on the kitchen island, they both it together making small conversation mostly bashir telling zahra'u about how things work in the Navy.

By evening Bashir is ready to leave for the airport, he's wearing a camouflage trouser and a black shirt.

"Mamah nah." He say playing with the little girl on the couch as zahra'u stare at the two from the bedroom door where she's standing.

"Zahra." Bashir call staring worriedly at her as he stand up with mamah in his hand.

"Stop crying come on,
I will come insha Allah in 3months time i will try and get a leave so i will come see you and we will celebrate mamahs one year birthday." Bahur say wiping zahra'u tears.

"D..Da..da."little mamah say gaining there attention as they both give the little girl a confuse look.

" did you hear that,
Mamah come on call me that again."Bashir say excitedly smiling making zahra'u to smile.

"Da...daa." The little girl repeat making bashir to start laughing happily.

"I love you my Angel,
Definitely coming back for this one year birthday." Bashir say as someone knock on the parlour door.

"Who's it?" Bashir yell walking to the door.

"Sir we will be late for the airport." The security guard say once Bashir open the door.

"Yes i know,
I will be right there." Bashir say and zahra'u release a deep breathe.

Bashir walk back to the apartment and stare at zahra'u with a sigh, he grab the camouflage backpack on the couch before walking to where she's standing.

"Don't worry too much,
Come on let's go." Bashir say and zahra'u sigh offering to help with the backpack but he decline.

As they take the turn to the garage he was suprise to see his dad, Ammi and her kids waiting to see him off.

"Stay safe and take care of mamah,
Make sure she eat, I have keep some money for you in the bedroom,
It's on the bed,
Make sure you also eat healthy because the last thing i want is coming back to see you skinny."
Bashir say as they walk to the car garage.

"I will give my sister your contact so she can call you once in a while,
Make sure you keep your phone with you all the time."bashir say and zahra'u nod.

" good evening Aabbah. "Bashir greet his dad.

" evening bashir."the elderly man say as Bashir hand mamah to zahra'u.

"Good evening Ammi." Zahra'u greet but the middle age woman pretend she didn't hear.

Bashir climb the car as the security close the door for him, from where he's sitting in the backseat of the black ford explorer despite the window covered with the black tinted glass he stare at zahra'u and little mamah who's throwing tantrums stretching her hands toward the car wanting to come to him, he release a deep breathe and turn his gaze back to the gate as the car drive out of the house.

Zahra'u didn't wait for the car to drive out she hurriedly go back to the apartment the weird stare and loom the entire family members are giving her doesn't help her Insecurities,
As she sit in the parlour with her daughter on her lap zahra'u wonder if she will ever set her eyes on Bashir or worst will her stay in the house last that very long without the only person that care about her.

Drop your comments and votes.