52

Picking the little girl up with a smile Bilal collect the backpack from the teacher and thank her.

"How was school mam."Bilal ask as he he head to his car and the little girl giggle making him to smile even wider.

He was surprised when Zahra'u called yesterday Afternoon for him to come pick mama to stay with him, she didn't mention for how many days and he didn't bother asking because he is looking forward to spending as much time as he can with his daughter because she's the only source of happiness for him now.

He open the car door and drop mama in the front passenger as he check his phone screen to see if there's any missed call from zahra'u, surprisingly there's none, which makes him wonder if everything is OK with her,
Yesterday when he went to pick up mama she look really sad and by the way her eyes was swollen Bilal knows she has been crying for a while but even when he asked zahra'u told him she's ok and just have a headache which he doesn't really believe the story.

With alot of thoughts in his mind Bilal decide to stop by zahra'u house to see if she's ok.

**************
Knocking impatiently on the door bashir sigh as he dial zahra'u contact for the 100th time but it's not going through, he wasn't able to come see her yesterday Evening and this morning he was busy with some personal stuffs at the HQ, he become worry and couldn't even complete what he's doing and have to come over to check on her.

"Sir."the gate man call gaining bashir attention as bashir remove the phone from his ear.

"Ma,am left yesterday Evening."the gate man say and bashir Furrow his brow in confusion as he stuff his phone in the pocket.

"Left where?"Bashir as confuse as the gate open gaining both there attention and bilal walks in with mama on his arm.

Curiously looking between the two men Bilal walk toward the familiar apartment door and drop his daughter on the floor and the little girl run to the door but it's shut.

"Well,
She just left with two suitcases."the gate man say and bilal look between them confuse

"Where's zahra'u?"Bilal ask confused and bashir glance at him, as far as he's concern he doesn't even trust Bilal.

"Are you dear or something?
They said she left,
What is mama doing with you in the first place?"bashir say and Bilal shake his head.

"She's my daughter OK,
Zahra'u called me yesterday afternoon to take her with me so she can spend the night."Bilal explain and bashir glance at the gate man.

"Yes sir,
Ma,am was around when he took mama."the gate man explain and bashir release a heavy breathe.

"Break the door."he say and the gateman nod.

"I have an extra set of keys."the gateman say and bashir nod.

The to men stay in silence, bashir wondering where and why zahra'u would leave while Bilal stare at his daughter who's playing around oblivious about what is going on, he just hope nothing happen to zahra'u because he don't know if he can survive anymore pain.

The gateman quickly open the apartment door and push it open, bashir is the first to enter as Bilal pick there daughter and trail behind him with the gateman.

The apartment looks same, and nothing seems to be disorganized, the two men enter the bedroom and the empty bedspread and and open empty wardrobe is what clear there curiosity, there are 2 suitcases on the bed with two envelope neatly place beside it and both men reach out to it but Bilal is quick to pick both envelope, he hand the one with bashir written on it to bashir and quickly flip open the envelope, he remove the paper with a trembling hand and open it.

You where a bundle of joy Bilal,
It was easy to fall in love with you not knowing you are mama's dad, I do choose you over bashir if you where the psychotic guy i walk into Alhaji Amin house to take care of, but you remind me alot of my past as bad as i want to forget that painful incident but it keeps popping into my head whenever i see you,
You are a good father and i know you will take care of mama, she will be alot happier with you, let her know how hard I've tried to be a good mother, let her learn to accept her difference.
Leaving her is the hardest decision i ever make, maybe someday our path will cross.
Those are her clothes, take care of her for me and make sure she live a happy life, let her knows that there's nothing wrong in been a Patsy because at the end everyone of us is used by another one way or the other.

Yours truly
Zahra'u

Bilal look around the bedroom confused and facepalm as he glance at bashir who's carefully reading the note in his hand.

"This is all your fault."Bilal say.
If you know you wouldn't treat her good enough why showing but in her life again,
I.... Bilal shake his head, he couldn't find any word to say all he want at the moment is to find zahra'u, he wouldn't mind searching and waiting his whole life for her, his phone start ringing and he quickly fish it out of his pocket with sadiq name on the screen he quickly swipe the answer button and press the phone to his ear as sadiq tell him the traumatizing news of zahra'u accident.

For Bashir he find it difficult to even read the letter, because every single word break him apart, it torn and rip his heart apart knowing he is the reason zahra'u have to leave everything was easy for him without Aliya in the picture but sometimes life happens and we all don't have a control of our own fate, for him he knows the fate that seperated him from zahra'u and reunited them only for fate to seperate them again it's a huge sign they both should know they weren't meant for each other especially with God relaxing each of them with a diverse person in there life's,
His body feel numb and as Bilal run out of the bedroom bashir couldn't move an inch because he knows this instance that he will forever have to live with the guilt of what he did,
Perhaps Aliya was right, zahra'u and him can never be together maybe in another life but in this life they both belong to different people.

Drop your comments and vote.