55

"for how long zahra'u?
6months?
A year or more?
For God sake mama is five years now and we are still talking about this,
This is affecting me psychologically,
What else do you want me to do?
If you don't find me irritating then prove it to me,
I'm a human, I'm a man OK."Bilal say frustratedly at zahra'u and she sigh.

"Bilal you know it's not tue,
I'm just scared for you an........

"Don't be scared for me zahra'u,
How many times did we have to speak about this?
You are my wife a...........
I will just head to work."Bilal say tiredly and grab his bag from the bed quickly sauntering out of the bedroom making zahra'u to sigh.

She just wished Bilal will understand that she care about him, she know she's been selfish but she can't give him what he want, he need to be healthy, zahra'u spend the day around the house cleaning, barely a year after her accident they moved to a bungalow so she won't have to deal with the staircase problem especially while on Wheelchair.

Bilal pov

I cannot believe after this years zahra'u and i are still having this same conversation, zahra'u is a caring wife and mother but the only problem we have is the fact that she's still not ready to let us consummate our marriage, I have wait ,wait and wait but it's clear zahra'u doesn't have in her the intension to make that happened the few times i try to disturb her about it she ask me to take a second wife,

"Get in."I say opening the door for mama as she sulk, as mama grow her behavior begins to change from that innocent girl to a mischievous stubborn girl, it's a change that scared me because i can see her unraveling right before my eyes into something I'm not so liking.

"Mama why did you do that to your teacher?"I ask as i start the ignition and glance at her from the rear view mirror but as always she remain quiet, I sigh and continue the 30minutes drive back home.

Pushing the parlour door open i am really surprised to see zahra'u laying on the parlour couch sleeping, mama head to her bedroom as i walk to the couch.

"I'm sorry."I say sitting next to her on the couch but something doesn't seems right, the intense coldness of her body makes me grab her hand and place my two fingers to her pulse,.

"Zahra'u!"I call with a rapidly beating heart, I tap her on the hand but there's no response,
"Zahra'u!"I yell waking her and shaking her vigorously but she's not responding, with trembling hand i lift her up and rush out of the house.

*********

The drive seems longer than usual for Bilal , he doesn't want to believe whatever it is his heart is instigating for him as he wait in front of the hospital reception he keeps praying that it's a dream but as sadiq walk out of the hospital room with a gloomy face Bilal knows this isn't a dream.

And at exactly 2:15pm zahra'u is pronounced death, unable to bare the sudden death of his wife Bilal fainted,
It feel soo traumatic to be true but it's the harsh reality of life, there are things we just don't see them coming,
For three days Bilal was unconscious,
And on the fourth day the heart monitor indicating he's alive stops beeping at exact time his late wife was pronounced death, leaving there 5years old daughter all by herself.

The unexpected sudden death of her parents affects mama tremendously,
Gradually she goes from a happy child to a depressed recluse child, Left with no choice Alhaji Amin have to pick mama to live with him with his wife it's a decision he have to make not because he want to but because it's the only option for him, he knows mama life will never be thesame, he can't give her that love and attention her parents give to her neither can his eccentric wives.
At the end mama is also a victim like her parents because he can see how her parent death negatively affect her, he just hope he will live long enough to protect her and see her having the good life she deserve.