16

"Ke Amal go and call your brother for me,
Where is this useless girl they call zahra'u, she just abandoned the food without calling me." Ammi say as she open the warmers that is on the dinning table.

Amal grumble under her breathe and sashy out of the parlour to go call her brother.

Halfway through the apartment she furrow her brow at zahra'u who run out of the apartment with her daughter and a blood stain hand.

"Ke,
Where are you coming from?" Amal ask confuse as she give zahra'u a confuse look, zahra'u who's still in a state of shock by what she saw just run past amal and head to the main building.

She burst through the door and rush to her bedroom closing the door shut behind her and break down with her daughter in her hand,
She has never feel so disgusted and stupid in her entire life, the level of the betrayal Khalid did to her is beyond her imagination, she feel helpless crying, wailing to herself as a loud bang on the door make her quickly stand up clutching her daughter to her chest.

"what did you do to my son!" Aunty ammi yell once the door is open as zahra'u sniff staring at the angry woman and the two girl with her.

"He was molesting my daughter." Zahra'u say defensively and aunty ammi just give her a deadly glare.

"Sharri zakiyi wa da na?
What do you mean by he molested your daughter when you where the one that go to his apartment,
What are you two standing for get her out of this house."ammi say and her daughter's waste no time to grab zahra'u.

" he did I swear i saw him with my own eyes, he was inappropriately touching my daughter,
Let go off me."zahra'u scream but the two girls grab her by the hand and throw her out of the building, they grab the two suitcase in the bedroom and throw it on zahra'u who's crying on the premises of the house.

"Stand up and leave my house,
Look what you did to my son,
After all the generosity he's shown towards you,
And you you have learn your lesson when i ask you to stay away from this witch but you re...........

" why should i lie about something as sensitive as that,
He did it i swear to God, he......zahra'u find it difficult to make any words the image just keeps playing in her head and she quickly wipe her tears wanting to be far away from this horrible place.

She doesn't want anything that will make her remember this day, she has never in her entire life ever thought anyone especially someone she trusted do what he did to her,
At this point she doesn't want anything to do with this family, not even Bashir or anyone can make her stay in this house, do a part of her blame herself for not listening to Bashir, he warned her several times without number but she was so naive and easily trust the wrong people.

"Get out of my house useless lier,
Kizo har cikin gida na zakiyi wa da na kazafi"
Go and continue your witchcraft somewhere else but your time here is over."aunty ammi say as zahra'u grab the two suitcase in one hand and adjust her daughter to her shoulder.

"I'm not lieing aunty ammi and if whatever this your useless son was doing with my daughter is a lie i pray i should never find peace in this life or the next and if i am not he will see because my God isn't asleep." Zahra'u say and wheel her suitcase out of the house ignoring aunty ammi insultive words.

Once outside the gate she sit feet's away from the house under a tree shade with a tiring sigh, she clean her tears and stare at her daughter who's playing unaware of what is going on,
She cannot even believe it, how can he even think of doing something like that to her daughter, zahra'u wishe she heet him a lot harder with the bottle that way he would bleed to death because people like him doesn't deserve to live.

She grab one of the suitcase and open it, she rummage through it and remove all the savings of her entire life, she's glad they are kind enough to give her the two suitcase even do majority of her things and her daughter's are still in the house even the phone bashir bought for her, zahra'u sigh and drop the two 1000naira bundle Bashir gave to her before he left, there is an extra 100,000 she kept from the time she's been working she add it to the 200,000naira and count the remaining money which is exactly 78,000naira,
She release a deep breathe and drop the remaining 300,000naira back into the suitcase leaving only the 78,000naira.

"Mamah na." Zahra'u call gaining the little girl attention.
"I love you kinji." Zahra'u say with a sniff staring at the little girl that is the only source of her happiness in this entire world.

She kiss her daughter on the forehead and hug her, zahra'u knows exactly what she want, at this point she just want to leave this city, she's been here all her life and all she ever get from the city is pain, humiliation and used,
She want to go somewhere far away, she want yo start afresh in a place where nobody knows her, where nobody will judge her from her past, where nobody knows about her past, she want to build a life for she and her daughter, she want to be a caring mother, she doesn't want to work as a maid under people who doesn't appreciate, with the decision already made in her mind, zahra'u stop one of the many cabs passing and hop in.

"Take me to the motor park."zahra'u say once inside the car with her daughter.

She doesn't know where her destination is but she's leaving this town once and forever for good,
Maybe someday she and bashir might cross path again if not then she will always cherish the few beautiful moment they've spend together.

Drop your comments and votes.