chapter 37

"so, what are you trying to get at?"

seon-ok's stare was boring through the first-year student, making her feel transparent.

just a few minutes ago, yua had knocked on seon-ok's dorm, asking to talk with her.

now, the two were seated at the small table in the middle of the dorm, cups of tea in their hands.

"i'm saying that daiyu may unconsciously be growing a little too attached to zhong chenle."

that made the older one laugh.

"i won't lie, i've thought of this too. but do you really think she would? daiyu's standards ars higher than that."

"higher than what? in terms of looks, it doesn't get much better than him."

yua didn't understand what her friend was trying to say.

"of course. but he's been a total ass to her. dai likes well-mannered men."

now that made sense. but the japanese earth shifter still wasn't convinced.

"yeah, but they've been spending a lot of time together, alone. we don't know how they act around eachother anymore. besides, he does have manners, just chose not to use them in front of dai."

it was seon-ok's turn to admit that the other might be right. 'she seems really in favour of a possible relationship between them.'

yet she only hummed, not really knowing what to answer yua.

"anyways- that's not the point. what i'm saying, is that if she were to develop feelings for him, it would turn out in absolute disaster. especially since she doesn't know about hye and seongc-"

her eyes widened and she covered her mouth in shock.

'am i fucking stupid or what?!'

"hm? hyewon and who?"

holding back a giant grin, seon-ok faked a curious face.

"haha... nothing. it's nothing really, just that daiyu doesn't know if anything is going on between chenle and hyewon. i mean, i don't know either, just that-"

"yua, i swear, if hyewon was here, you would be absolutely fucked. be glad that i already know."

she interrupted her friend, making her sigh out.

"oh. thank the lord then."

"...please don't tell her i almost let it slip?" yua asked in a small vocie, embarrassed at her mistake.

laughing again, seon-ok shook her head.

"of course i won't. but be more careful."

"how did you even find out?"

there wasn't a scenario imaginable for yua where hyewon would willingly tell seon-ok about her secret relationship.

a disgusted frown made its way to the older girl's face at hearing the question.

"i... i caught them making out in the empty hallway by the chem room once."

now that disgusted yua too.

"ew. i used to have my suspicions, and then the two confirmed it to me back when we were searching for daiyu."

'huh?'

"back then? but wasn't chenle there too?"

seon-ok was beyond confused.

"mhm. he knows, and is pretty chill with it. i actually talked to him that day — he doesn't like hyewon anymore."

she felt as if her whole life was a lie.

completely disturbed, she grabbed a tuft of hair at the top of her and tugged at it, as if to assure that she wasn't dreaming.

"this is so fucked up. i swear i'll go insane if this goes on for too long."

in a reassuring and comforting manner, yua rubbed her friend's back, who had now lifted her head again.

"hyewon should really just officially tell them all though. then there wouldn't be any issue with daiyu either."

the younger nodded.

"she definitely should. i wonder what would happen to chenle and daiyu then."

seon-ok was still sceptical about that one.

"don't you think there's just too many things in the way of those two?"

"kind off, yeah." yua agreed. "especially that new kid, seonwoo, or whatever his name is. i don't like him."

that made seon-ok gasp.

"i know right?!"

__________________________________

parallel to the girls' conversation, chenle was having one of his own with his very best friend.

now he did say that he wouldn't tell jisung about... whatever it was that had happened with daiyu, but that didn't mean that he wasn't going to tell him anything that had happened during the day.

"a tattoo? seriously?"

jisung's gaze held worry, and chenle was glad that he was being taken seriously.

he had been afraid that his younger friend would think he was exaggerating.

"but... what do you think it could mean? something related to the bloodshifters?"

chenle had also told him about what the nurse had spoken about.

"you get me. because, what if it's like their symbol or something? that guy could be one of them, for all we know!"

though the korean boy understood his friend's point, there were still quite a few blank spaces in the theory.

"i do get you and where you're coming from. but how can he be a blood shifter, if he's studying at NSOE and participating in training days? also, if it was something secret, do you think he would just freely walk around with it?"

"maybe he thought that no one was paying attention."

jisung kept quiet, but chenle didn't like the silence.

"just the way he talks to his friends is weird and disgusting already. and you should've seen him with daiyu. i just know he's trying to get in her pants. she's way too good for someone like him, god, that fucker shouldn't even be allowed to look at her."

now park jisung was no idiot, he knew what his friend's words meant.

just that chenle himself didn't know the meaning yet.

and the younger of the two really wasn't sure if he was up for the drama that came with chenle liking someone that soon again already.

__________________________________

sooo, do y'all stan any other groups?

besides nct i mean, bc if you are reading this, i'm assuming you do stan them.

though funny (not that much but anyway) story; i started stanning nct bc of a renjun fanfiction wattpad recommended to me. my first bias was chenle, but renjun ended up becoming my ult :)