chapter 41

almost a whole week had passed, but daiyu still couldn't get that day she went shopping with chenle out of her mind.

they had been acquainted for long enough for her to know what he behaved like and how he acted.

and to be honest, she still felt as if whoever had talked — or more like didn't, actually — with her on the way back from the conveniene store wasn't zhong chenle.

he had been in such a good mood after meeting kun, and their little arguments over daiyu's food choices couldn't have made him that mad either, right?

it was as if he had been possesed -- like another soul was talking out of his body.

at least that's what she felt like from the few sentences he spoke when exiting the store. because when walking, he really hadn't said much.

and in a world where something like people who can control you by your blood exist, everything seemed possible.

currently, she was sitting on the floor of haeun and ara's shared dorm, with jieun sitting next to her.

now you may be wondering how she was hanging out with just them and not the rest of their friends too.

and quite honestly, daiyu really was a tad bit closer to the part of the group that hadn't gathered there that day — hyewon, seon-ok, and of course; yua.

but of course that didn't mean that she didn't have a great bond with the others.

also; if you expected some kind of interesting explanation as to why the three weren't present — there is none. they were all simply busy in their own ways.

but back to those who actually were present.

after having watched three episodes of 'extraordinary you' (which all of them had watched over 5 times already, but whatever), they eventually had gotten bored and picked up some card games.

it was haeun's idea. the girl had always strictly been against gatherings where everyone ends up on their phone, so she was always prepared.

"how's the chemistry vlog going?" jieun asked as she distributed the cards for their fifth round of uno.

"it's... alright, i guess. we somewhat learned to tolerate eachother, and the views and comments are really high. that's probably because of the whole hyewon drama though."

there was no need to lie to them. though maybe she wasn't being completely honest when describing her realtionship to chenle.

because really, she had grown to enjoy his company, and there was no use in denying it.

jieun nodded at her answer, turning over the first card of the stack in the middle.

"i heard your group is doing pretty well too. i mean, i don't watch the videos, but some classmates were talking about it the other day."

though she was more focused on the game now, daiyu could still hear ara talking to jieun.

and what she said was right — jieun and her partner (some water shifter girl) had been doing surprisingly good on the project.

the girl's name was ahn jiah, and that was pretty much all that daiyu knew about her, aside from the fact that she was filthy rich.

many people in school were, but she was like rich rich. like hyewon rich.

her parents led many hospitals in the country, and lately, there had been a lot of gossip about her and lee donghyuck.

daiyu honestly wondered what such a pretty girl could have going on with pain-in-the-ass-hyuck.

it couldn't be anything romantic, that she was sure of. lee donghyuck liked seon-ok. and as sad as it was, she did not reciprocate his feelings.

well, actually seon-ok wasn't aware that, but daiyu knew her well enough, and had talked with her about crushes enough times to know that there weren't any romantic intentions on her side.

but she also knew that donghyuck was nowhere near getting over it.

so obviously, romance was off the list.

just what else was it then?

__________________________________

to keep his mind off of things, chenle had decided to join jisung at the gym.

compared to some of his friends, he wasn't the biggest gym-rat, but he'd still like to keep himself in shape.

but honestly, the sight he encountered when first entering the room his friend said he was waiting in wasn't what he had expected.

becuse yes, jisung was there, but he wasn't alone.

in suspicion chenle stared at the person who was holding on to the other end of the dumbbell that jisung had tried to take.

quite obviously, the two were fighting.

"what the fuck."

i wasn't even a question, just a statement. because at that moment, chenle could not find more fitting words to explain his feeling.

well, actually, he was about to laugh at them.

along with daiyu he had already speculated if something weird could be going on with myoga yua and his best friend, but now it really didn't seem as deep as it had looked in the cafeteria.

the two just seemed to like fighting like pre-school kids.

"uhhh, oh hi. well, take this one, i guess." she threw a spiteful look at jisung and demostratively grabbed a much heavier weight, as if to prove that she was stronger than him. "have fun you two."

jisung looked pretty confused at that, but shrugged his shoulders at chenle's questioning look.

"she's really annoying."

__________________________________

two hours later — of which probably an entire one consisted of rests and breaks, because why did chenle even think that it was a good idea? — the two boys were sitting on a bench in the changing room, too lazy to change out of their gym-clothes yet.

"kun says you have a girlfriend. did he see you with daiyu?"

chenle frowned. "i don't like how you came to that conclusion."

jisung laughed. "it's not like you act like a couple or anything, don't worry. but i just couldn't think of any other girl that kun would think that of. besides, she's really the only female being that you hang out with lately, now that daegal is back at your parents' house."

the mention of his puppy made the chinese boy grin. he loved her a lot, so when the school introduced their pet-ban in the middle of his first year, he had been heartbroken to give daegal to his parents.

not that they wouldn't take good care of her, but he missed not being able to take her on walks everyday, and being greeted by the white little fluff-ball when he got back to his dorm after a long day of classes or training.

"mhm." was all he said.

chenle didn't want to tell jisung about the almost paranormal experience of that same day he had met kun on just yet.

__________________________________

wow, 41 is actally a pretty big number :o

i actually thought that i would have this finished by 30 chapters or sth, but really there's still a long way to go with this story

also, you can consider this the calm before the storm lol, just giving a little head's up