CHAPTER ONE

Pre season 1

Pre season 1

TW: self harm, panic attack, drowning.

Artemis Roseleigh is a member of the Los Angeles Fire Department in station 118. The team was in the firehouse in the lounge area, and she was blocking the team out with her headphones on nearly full volume and her hands held a book called 'Still Alice'. After the call, the team was talking without Artie.

"Does she really not like us?" Buck asked the team curiously as he was staring at Artemis, who was a few feet away from the 118 sitting upright with her legs crossed over her shins.

"No idea, Buck, she barely talks, only when we annoy her or on calls, but normally she's quiet." Hen said.

"Quiet, yes, but what comes out of her mouth is blunt and harsh responses, crude and cold remarks." Chimney added in on the conversation about her.

"She's had a rough upbringing and she's not harsh." Bobby remarked as they all gave him deadpan looks.

"She told you to fuck off when you commented on her effort when she was doing the ambulance, she's not just harsh she's a bitch when she wants to be." Hen said pointedly.

"Which is all the time." Chimney chimed in again.

"Misunderstood with a short temper then." Bobby corrected to the 118 team who were unaware of the fact Artie was listening to every word silently.

"Who cares? She likes to be isolated and not hang around with us after work. That's her problem, and she likes being a loner." Chimney said bluntly.

"Not anymore, I'm gonna have her hang around with us outside of work." Buck said proudly as they laughed at that.

"Good luck with that Buck, she's a hard ass and a blunt woman who will hurt your feelings badly." Hen scoffed amused at Buck's proposal to make Artemis hang around with the team and talk more.

"Why do we even have nicknames for her again?" Chimney asked blankly, staring at her.

"Artie is a great nickname as well as the others." Buck protested.

"She didn't react to the names and they have a nice ring to it, I guess." Hen sighed.

"It's a bit weird though that we all gave her our own nicknames and a collective nickname for her, because she acts like we aren't there unless on calls," Chimney crossed his arms over his chest.

"True," The team said in unison as Artemis rolled her eyes at the conversation pulling at her sleeve slightly after placing the book down. The self harm scars and fresh slits on her wrist were caked with dry blood that showed on her pale skin as she pulled it down quickly, hoping no one noticed, which the oblivious team didn't, Artie put her headphones, phone and book away into her book bag. She rubbed her eyes the alarm went off, so they got ready and were in the engine driving to the scene.