CHAPTER ELEVEN

A Whole New You

A Whole New You

"National call." The officer explained to Artie, Bobby and Chimney as they walked towards the man on the stairs, "Guy went in there with his wife. She claims she threw a picture frame at his head."

"I'm not claiming anything, that's what happened." The husband looked at the three. "Look, forget about me. Something is going on with my wife."

"Sir, relax, we need to take a look at your head." Bobby says to the man as Chimney inspects his head "Doesn't look too bad, does it, Chim?"

"No. A few stitches. Easy to do." Chim shrugged, "Let me clean it first."

"David, the bobbies are asking me if I want to press charges." The woman at the top of the stairs spoke in a British account

"The bobbies?" Husband asks "Baby, there's something wrong with you."

"Madam, you don't have to make up your mind right now." Athena calmly told him, "We can take him-"

"No, officer, you don't understand." The husband interrupted.

"I understand very well." Athena nodded at him.

"No, you don't. She's not British." He said they all look at him, "Yeah, that's not her voice. She was born in Brooklyn. The bobbies? The closest she's ever been to England is watching episodes from Downton Abbey."

"Stroke?" Artie furrowed her brows as Athena looked at her for a moment while she thought for a second.

"I don't know what he's talking about." The girl shook her head, "David, you're scaring me."

"Look, we woke up this morning, and she just starts talking like that." David continued, "It's bloody this, bloody that. A point of tea. All this weird British slang that I've never heard before. At first I thought she was joking, but then it didn't didn't stop, and I don't know what's going on. So I'm trying to take her to the hospital. She freaked out, so I called 911."

"Did she hit her head? Did she have an accident recently?" Chimney asks the man.

"No, not that I know of." Husband shrugs while she hiccups.

"Hey. She told me she woke up this morning with a migraine. That and the bad hiccups." Athena tells them, "That, coupled with the obvious chest pains, I think she's having a stroke like Artie suggested."

"A stroke? Wouldn't she have a speech impediment or paralysis or something?" The husband asks as Bobby goes up and shines a light in her eyes to see them