CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Broken
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Artemis Roseleigh was having a shit life in all honesty as it has been a thing of hell, but it was even worse as a worker who worked casually worked at Guillermo's Eatery in 2015 when she wasn't on shift at the 118 firehouse, this woman liked to be busy with work regardless if it was saving lives or not.

Well she moved her in February 2015 from Kansas, so she had a small casual job from February to July 2015 while training to be a firefighter again, she worked in Kansas from 2014-2015 so she had an interaction with Freddie multiple times.

Artie who was new to LA was now hired as a casual waitress at Guillermo's Eatery, her brown hair in a bun and she had been working there for a while now but she did always had seen the son of Victor Costas, the owner of the restaurant.

"Hey, Artemis or uh... Artie." Victor called out to the brunette.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"You're good at maths right? My son needs some help with that, you can do it if you want to." Victor smiled.

"Sure?" She nodded.

"Thanks!" Victor said appreciatively, "he's over there if you wanna start now?" Artie nodded and waved to him as she walked over to him and sat down across from him.

"You're Artemis Roseleigh right? I've seen you around here." Freddie said.

"I am, you're Freddie Costas?" Artie titled her head.

"That's my name." Freddie replied, "call me Fred if you'd like, your name is cool though."

"Sure, Fred... uh thanks? My mom named me it, apparently Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, the wilderness, wild animals, nature, vegetation, childbirth, care of children, and chastity." Artie shrugged.

"Can I call you, Missy?" Artie nodded slowly, she didn't really care if the teenager did call her it.

"x: 5x - 2 = 3(x + 4)." Freddie said the equation out loud.

"Might as well be in college, Fred." Artie joked as he laughed, which his parents heard, he hadn't exactly been happy since he found out the family was struggling with the restaurant or money.

"You're funny, Missy." Freddie joked.

"Im meant to be a math helper not a comedian." Artie shrugged, looking at the equation.