CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Pre season 3
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Artie wasn't having any fun at all after being put on rest for her recovery after being shot in the sternum in all honesty, did she like it? No absolutely not, after Eddie's probationary ceremony, she went straight back to her new apartment and blocked people out for a while well the 118 but buck especially, the rest of their acquaintances too.

She felt guilty about the whole situation but she rather be stuck under a fire engine well firetruck whatever they referred it as.

She laid on the bed as she heard a knock on her door as she huffed.

Kyle knocked on the door as she reluctantly opened it.

"Ready to go to Athena's?" He asked softly, she sighed and nodded slowly as she and him walked out of her apartment building after a short drive to Athena's they saw Buck and Maddie as Artie's face dropped and she looked away about to turn away.

"Artie!" Buck and Maddie smiled as she sighed and looked up at them nervously.

"Hi." She said, she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"You doing okay? Besides texting us you haven't left the apartment for months." Maddie asked concerned.

"I'm alright." Artie lied as she shot a fake smile at the two Buckley siblings.

"Good." Maddie said.

"Ready for us to go in?" Kyle said as Buck frowned at Kyle's presence but a whack on the arm from Maddie made him stop.

"Hey, Kyle." Buck sighed softly.

"Hey, Buck." Kyle greeted in acknowledgment.

"Hi, Maddie? It's Maddie right?" Kyle shook her hand.

"Yep! That's me." Maddie smiled at Kyle as they then walked into the house buck ahead of the group with Maddie by his side.

"Surprise!" The 118 and their friends shouted as Artie pursed her lips but she nodded slowly as Buck and Eddie hugged.

"Mimi!" The kids said excitedly running over to her, it was Denny, May, Harry and Chris after Chris gave his card to Buck as the kids took Artie outside talking to her about things while she silently listened amused slightly not that she showed it on her face.

"Artie's being held hostage." Karen chuckled to the group.

"Appears so and we haven't even introduced her to Delia yet." Bobby said as he brought the lighter brunette over to the table.

"This is Ardelia Whitlock, newest firefighter on the 118, well she doesn't mind being called Delia." Bobby introduced her to the audience as they all greeted her, Buck glancing at her and then outside.

"Artie! You haven't seen us in ages." May shook her head.

"I know, I know I should, shouldn't I?" Artie asked playfully.

"Yes." The boys agreed as Artie rolled her eyes playfully at the younger boys and high schooler.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind." Artie proposed to the kids and teen as they nodded.

"Good." They laughed as they continued talking excitedly and even gave her a card they all made at the party.

"A card really? You guys didn't have to." Artie smiled softly at them, she didn't deserve a card much less a party in her mind.

"We wanted to." Denny said, "well it was Chris' idea." Denny added on.

"We all signed it though!" Harry and May said.

"Thanks Denny, Chris, May, Harry really thank you." Artie ruffled their hair.

"You're welcome." The kids all collectively said as Artie excused herself and waved at them. They gave her a wave back before splitting up and she walked over to Bobby, who was introducing Delia to Athena.

"Artie! This is our new recruit, Delia." Bobby introduced Artie.

"Hi." Artie said simply as Delia nodded slightly before Athena stepped in and took Delia away so Bobby could talk to Artie in private.

"Hey, Cap." Artie sighed, she didn't exactly like they threw a party for Buck and her, she didn't deserve one at all why would she? She got the team hurt especially one firefighter, she hated how she thought she was, no is stupid for not thinking anything of her stalker or anything.

It was irredeemable in her eyes but the 118 and their family members seemed to agree on a welcome back party for both of them, Artie disdained the whole idea of it being for her as well, she didn't deserve it. Not one damn bit.

She might as well disappear of the face of the earth she thought she was that unworthy to be considered for especially after her negligence, but Freddie got his stupid wish to make sure she wasn't going to work or calls anymore for a long while it had been five months since she was shot.

"Hey, Mimi." Bobby smiled at the younger firefighter, sadly with Delia around Artie wouldn't exactly be the 'baby' of the 118 anymore.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine." Artie lied.

"Okay." Bobby nodded he saw right through the lie but he was glad she was actually out of the apartment even if it was for a few hours.

As Buck came over to the duo, he greeted Artie with a smile before talking to Bobby about things as they chuckled before Buck started coughing and Artie and Bobby looked at each other concerned, Buck stated coughing up blood.

"Buck?" Bobby asked then Buck looked at two before he passed out and Artie lurched forward barely catching him time.

"Damn it, Evan." Artie muttered in disbelief as 911 was called and Artie held her card from the kids in her pocket, she walked to Kyle as they left the house after it, Artie didn't want to be at the hospital at all.

Kyle dropped her off at her apartment as she put the card into a keepsake box for her sentimental value gifts. She bit her lip debating about going to the hospital on not.

She decided against it, she found herself unworthy of being there as a support system to Buck or any of the 118, she turned her phone off so they wouldn't hopefully call her about him and his condition, she didn't deserve to know an ounce of anything on her coworker.