CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Triggers
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Artie wasn't exactly fond of being off work at the 118. As much as she wasn't a fan of her coworkers except the new one Delia at times, she loved the adrenaline of the job, she hated how her friend, no ex-friend got what he wanted to keep her off the job, she wasn't a big feelings girl at all, she hated them but she felt hurt by Freddie in all honesty.

Unlike Buck who went to desk duty as a fire Marshall she was stubbornly refusing a desk job, she might as well resign from the 118 to another firehouse in LA or better yet across the country so she wouldn't have to face the 118.

Artie was in her new apartment that Kyle brought her glancing at the form and letter she had been writing on it for a few days. Artie was reluctant in a weird unknown way, she swallowed a few pain meds, she's been off them for a few days since her shot wound but she still refills them, she was addicted and she couldn't help it, she already was addicted to alcohol so what's the problem being addicted to more then that singular thing? Not that Artie cared she was already or was previously addicted to recreational drugs so pharmaceutical drugs aren't as bad right? Deep down she knew she was wrong but didn't care, she rubbed her scarred wrist glancing at the half eaten food on her plate resisting the urge to vomit it back up.

Her blue eyes drop their gaze to her resignation letter.

Artemis Roseleigh
4197 Parkview Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Los Angeles, 90017
October 19th 2019

Los Angeles Fire Department
Firehouse - Fire Station 118
200 North Main Street, 16th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Dear Fire Chief Alonzo,

I am writing to inform you of my decision to resign from my position as a firefighter at the Los Angeles Fire Department. After much consideration, I have decided to pursue other opportunities and challenges in my career.

I want to express my sincere gratitude for the support and guidance I have received during my time at the department. I have learned so much and have had the privilege of working alongside some of the most dedicated and skilled firefighters in the country.

Please consider this letter as my official two weeks' notice of resignation. I am committed to completing all of my current duties and responsibilities during this time and will assist in any way possible to ensure a smooth transition.

I understand that there may be some paperwork and procedures that need to be completed before my departure. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist in this process.

I want to thank you and the entire department for the opportunities and experiences I have had during my time here.

Sincerely,
Artemis Roseleigh.