CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

╔═══*

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Kids Today
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝
(Got the ride's information from the official Santa Monica pier website!)

Buck and Christopher were walking to an apartment complex a bit away from Buck's apartment.

"Are we getting Mimi? She's been gone for ages! But she does text me or dad though." Chris said softly.

"Yeah, yeah we're are getting Artie, if I have to get out of my apartment because of your dad, she has to get out because of you." Buck laughed.

"Really?" Chris asked curiously.

"Really." Buck shrugged with a smile.

They were at the 7th floor as he knocked on the 4th door from the left.

Artie groaned waking up from her slumber as she frowned it had been a few days since Kyle came by but hearing a knock when she knew Kyle had a business trip was frustrating, she rubbed her eyes and walked to her front door.

Artie grumbled opening the door with a glare, her guilt of him being hurt also turned to frustration because she couldn't be around the firehouse anymore, Artie rubbed her chest with a groan but she knew Buck had been pretty persistent about him talking to her though she ignored him for it.

"Buckley, I swear to god I'll kill you for disturbing me, you fu-" Artie said coldly when she halted mid sentence as she looked down at Christopher.

"Hey, bud!" She said her cold tone changed to a more neutral and softer tone as she crouched down completely ignoring Buck's presence entirely, he scoffed in disbelief at that and he sighed in exasperation.

"Of course talk to Chris, don't pay attention to me." He rolled his eyes bitterly.

"Hi, Mimi!" Chris beamed.

"You're so big!" Artie beamed.

"It's been five months since you last saw him or well anyone but Kyle but you left the party after I... you know." Buck replied nonchalantly.

"Well Fred... Freddie got his wish to not have me on the field on the job, huh." Artie grimaced a bit annoyed, she had to have the use of plates, screws, or wires to hold the manubrium bone in place, she found it uncomfortable and annoying.

"Can you come with us to the pier?" Chris asked with a smile.

"Fine I'll go to Santa Monica pier which is called Pacific Park I'm sure." Artie said softly, "We need both phones or just yours?" Artie questioned.

"I guess just mine?" Buck pursed his lips, Artie nodded as she got up from crouching and they left the apartment Artie locked the door and put attempted to put the key on the top of the door frame as she groaned.

"It's not hard to ask for help, Pipsqueak." Buck chuckled while he took the key and put it on the door frame.

"Shut the-" Artie glances at the little boy who grinned at her she looked away and toned down on the language, "Be quiet, Dumbo." Artie huffed and looked away as she picked Chris up and they were all walking on the pier now.